Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

Re: 10/1/2012 Reds at Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    We are tied with 2 games to play. It's not doubtful...there is a real chance.

Saturday night....Bush stadium...no thanks.
    Don't forget that the Reds have to finish a game ahead of the Nats in order to win the No. 1 seed. So, in the next two games, the Reds have to either go 2-0 to the Nats' 1-1 or 1-1 to the Nats' 0-2. There's a chance, yes. But considering who we're playing and what they're playing for this series, it's a slim one.

And no, I don't want to play the Cards in the first round either. In fact, I'd just as soon not see them again until April.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    You'd take going to San Francisco and facing Matt Cain and then either Madison Bumgarner or Tim Lincecum as opposed to a pair of games in Turner Field against the Braves' Nos. 2 and 3 starters?

It's a moot point really though: I don't think the Braves have a prayer of beating the Cards in the WC game. We've seen this STL horror movie before.
    You just made my point. Let someone else play the Cards. We have beat Cain twice this year. Pac Bell park is a pitchers ball park and we have real pitching...
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

The Reds have won 96-98 games depending on the result of the last two games. At this point in time (dang, I just quoted A Nixon staffer), no team in the majors has won more games. We're going to be OK. The playoffs are a crap shoot. I say we roll 7's and take it all.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 10-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

They're going to have to score more than 1-2 runs a game if they want to win a series against anyone during the "postseason crap shoot" though. We can always hope.

Turn Off Ads?