Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Reds @ Cardinals 10/1/12

Re: Reds @ Cardinals 10/1/12

That game put me to sleep.

2. Turn Off Ads?

if they blow the playoffs with ZERO offense, the front office better not tell me how happy they are just winning the division.. I as a fan want more.. I want the Reds team to want more.. They clinched and look on coast control since.. time to step it up.. not relax..

EMAW

Reds offense is really iffy heading into playoffs. Better play air tight defense and get fantastic starting pitching because this team is is a month long slumber with the lumber

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    This is why if I am in charge Latos goes game #1, Bailey #2, he is awesome on the road, then Cueto at home for game #3 as he doesnt give up the long ball at home Bailey does, then Arroyo game#4.

In 2010, this is why i was so ticked Baker started Volquez game #1 when we all knoew back then Travis Wood almost no hit the Phillies during the season. To me that would have been a psychological advantage the Reds would have had back then.. I just dont want the same mistake with the roation cost them.. maybe im reading to much into it.. just looking for the best opportunity this team needs to win with a lousy offense for the month of September and it hasnt changed getting ready for the playoffs..
    It isn't going to matter much how our pitchers do, unless they throw shutouts
    every game. This is the weakest offense of any team going into the playoffs.
    I hate to say it, but this team will lose in the first round to the Giants. I have been very critical regarding the Reds offense all year. Walt & Company needed to help the offense before the trade deadline, but did nothing. I am more convinced now that the mid year surge had to do more with us playing a lot of weaker teams, along with Frazier and Ludwick having a good stretch for about 6 weeks. Our hitting now has reverted back to what it was doing
    before the All Star break.
    I would love to eat crow, but I am convinced this is how our season will finish.

6 hits....and Stubbs had 2 of them. This offense since Votto got back is bad enough to make you worry. Not that I'm blaming Votto, it just went South around that time.

Beltran warming back up at just the right time

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    6 hits....and Stubbs had 2 of them. This offense since Votto got back is bad enough to make you worry. Not that I'm blaming Votto, it just went South around that time.
    Just as the team started mashing when he went down....the psychology of the thing mistifies me.

LA has a lead on the Giants, trying to hang in with the Cards in the WC

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The same thing happened with the Giants when Melky got suspended. The team starting hitting better in his absence. I wonder if the players approach the plate differently and get better in the absence of an all-star. Maybe they feel they have to step up more. Either way, I hope we pick it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    if they blow the playoffs with ZERO offense, the front office better not tell me how happy they are just winning the division.. I as a fan want more.. I want the Reds team to want more.. They clinched and look on coast control since.. time to step it up.. not relax..
    i've said it since the beginning, if the Reds lose in the first round again then the season is a failure. NLCS or bust

Bakers Dozen

Not worried about the bats, it's a damn long season and if our guys have taken a little mental rest down the stretch I have no problem with it. They don't need to be going 120 mph down the stretch and then wear themselves down and flame out. Dusty knows that as well as anyone, he'll have them ready.

Also remember he's been gone for a little bit, that'll normally put your team in a weird place. I'm sure a lot of those guys love Dusty and were generally concerned for him. Life is far more important than a baseball game, that's for sure.

Turn Off Ads?