Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nervous...

Nervous...

I'm way more nervous now than I was on the eve of playoffs in 2010. I have no idea why...probably because I didn't expect the Reds to make much noise in the postseason that year. Winning the division was reward enough then, I guess. But this year is different. Losing in the NLDS would be an embarrassment,as would losing in the NLCS, but slightly less so. Anything less than the NL Pennant would basically feel like the team is ending the season empty handed...

Of course, like every other sport's crown, winning a World Series requires defense and offense, capitalizing on mistakes...but unlike every other sport's championship, winning a World Series requires quite a bit of magic...and after this crazy season, I'm worried we might have run out. This past month the offense has been stagnant, while the Cardinals look like they are just now getting into the swing of things. Starting pitching has also seemed a bit hit or miss, but looks like its heating back up.

Maybe...OK, I'm definitely over thinking things. Watching any Reds baseball past 162 games is a welcome privilege, ans I think this squad is something special, but it's always hit or miss when you get into the MLB postseason. The hottest team takes it all...and we're far from being on fire right now.

So who else is a nervous wreck?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nervous...

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I'm way more nervous now than I was on the eve of playoffs in 2010. I have no idea why...probably because I didn't expect the Reds to make much noise in the postseason that year. Winning the division was reward enough then, I guess. But this year is different. Losing in the NLDS would be an embarrassment,as would losing in the NLCS, but slightly less so. Anything less than the NL Pennant would basically feel like the team is ending the season empty handed...

Of course, like every other sport's crown, winning a World Series requires defense and offense, capitalizing on mistakes...but unlike every other sport's championship, winning a World Series requires quite a bit of magic...and after this crazy season, I'm worried we might have run out. This past month the offense has been stagnant, while the Cardinals look like they are just now getting into the swing of things. Starting pitching has also seemed a bit hit or miss, but looks like its heating back up.

Maybe...OK, I'm definitely over thinking things. Watching any Reds baseball past 162 games is a welcome privilege, ans I think this squad is something special, but it's always hit or miss when you get into the MLB postseason. The hottest team takes it all...and we're far from being on fire right now.

So who else is a nervous wreck?
    "Whatever will be, will be. Our future is not for us to see."

Honestly, I'm nervous to. And I'm praying the reds will do well and win another World Series trophy after so many rough years. That said, the playoffs are a crapshoot. The team you "think" will win, is the team that's most likely to get knocked out in the 1st round. Just relish the wonderful season that 2012 brought us and hope and pray that the A+ effort/results from the regular season translates to an A+ effort/Results in the playoffs.

Or to quote Bob Marley, "Don't Worry, Be Happy!"

If those bats get hot, or at least relevant with runners in scoring position and we could have another parade coming in a few weeks.

If not, it will be fun to see how the team does next year.

More anxious than nervous. Unless we lose game 1 then I'll be nervous.

(Preaching to myself as well here) Try your best to keep things in perspective. This team is good enough to win the WS but not too good to go home in one series.

Everyone try your best to enjoy the fact that we have the best record (or 1 behind the best record) and have reached the point where we're good enough to win the WS, regardless of what happens.

Personally I think we have the best chance of winning it of all the teams still in it, but I'm determined to NOT let what happens in the post-season steal the joy of GREAT PROGRESS and a GREATseason.

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not nervous-excited and a lil anxious maybe.
    I am actually looking to just enjoy it for what it is now in the big picture. I just found out this morning that the suicide bomb attack in Afhganistan Monday was on my best frineds unit, the 514th. He was not hit, but was there and one of the first to get to the 3 that were also injured to try and help them until medics arrived. Scares and hurts me to know how close that was, and that he and all our other brave men and women are over there.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I am not nervous-excited and a lil anxious maybe.
    I am actually looking to just enjoy it for what it is now in the big picture. I just found out this morning that the suicide bomb attack in Afhganistan Monday was on my best frineds unit, the 514th. He was not hit, but was there and one of the first to get to the 3 that were also injured to try and help them until medics arrived. Scares and hurts me to know how close that was, and that he and all our other brave men and women are over there.
    Well said.

Just spoke with his wife, one of the guys killed was his buddy there-had gone through basic 2 years ago through Monday with him. I actually met him at my buddies bachelor party in Dec, was practically just a kid, as too many of them are.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Just spoke with his wife, one of the guys killed was his buddy there-had gone through basic 2 years ago through Monday with him. I actually met him at my buddies bachelor party in Dec, was practically just a kid, as too many of them are.
    Very sorry to hear of your friend's terrible loss. I will be keeping him and the families involved in my prayers. I'm very grateful for the sacrifices that these men and women are making, sadly some making the ultimate sacrifice. May God bless them and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by smixsell View Post
    Very sorry to hear of your friend's terrible loss. I will be keeping him and the families involved in my prayers. I'm very grateful for the sacrifices that these men and women are making, sadly some making the ultimate sacrifice. May God bless them and their families.
    I agree. Thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Bobby McFerrin

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    "Whatever will be, will be. Our future is not for us to see."

Honestly, I'm nervous to. And I'm praying the reds will do well and win another World Series trophy after so many rough years. That said, the playoffs are a crapshoot. The team you "think" will win, is the team that's most likely to get knocked out in the 1st round. Just relish the wonderful season that 2012 brought us and hope and pray that the A+ effort/results from the regular season translates to an A+ effort/Results in the playoffs.

Wasn't that Bobby McFerren (sp)

Yeah....I start from the top and post when I see fit without reading ahead

Turn Off Ads?