Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Final Day of the Regular Season

Final Day of the Regular Season

As the Reds head off to the postseason for the second time in three years, I'm still sad to see the everyday grind of the regular season come to an end. Every game from here on out is out to be so stressful and must win that it won't be any real enjoyment unless we win. It's hard to believe that 162 games have came and passed. This season was extremely strange and the success of this team just kind of sneaked up on us. This is the best Reds team, record wise since 1976!! Are you kidding me?? 1976??

It felt like most of the time (me included) was spent worrying about a 5th starter, Dustys lineups, Stubbs poor batting average, Frazier getting playing time, when to bring up Billy Hamilton that I didn't enjoy the ride near as much as I should have. I guess you can say 2010 spoiled us for more and you have to give major props to the organization for making that the expected. I think 80% of the success of a team is how well it fairs during a regular season. I mean the playoffs are only 1 month. The regular season lasts 6 months and the job of the team is to give us hope those entire 6 months that they can play another month. As well as I want the Reds to do in the playoffs I must say that I'm proud of what this team has already accomplished and will no way see this season as a bad season if we exit the playoffs early. I'm 27 and I can't help think back at the first few years of my life as a knowledgeable reds fan. 1992-2009. Think how painful the early 2000's were. So much hope yet we couldn't win 70 games. Ok, I'm done, I just want to thank the Reds for a great season and best of luck in the postseason!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Final Day of the Regular Season

Well arkimadee, at least we can have a better explanation to our wives for drinking while we watch on a weekday. I too enjoyed the season and the playoffs will not effect that in any way. Great year for our Reds.

It's just REALLY nice to get to this piont and NOT have some meaningless game to watch and a long cold winter to get through before the play again.
    Sto Pro Veritate

if and when the Reds lose in the playoffs it is going to hurt really, really bad. I enjoyed watching this team play this season

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    if and when the Reds lose in the playoffs it is going to hurt really, really bad. I enjoyed watching this team play this season
    (Preaching to myself as well here) Try your best to keep things in perspective. This team is good enough to win the WS but not too good to go home in one series.

Everyone try your best to enjoy the fact that we have the best record (or 1 behind the best record) and have reached the point where we're good enough to win the WS, regardless of what happens.

Personally I think we have the best chance of winning it of all the teams still in it, but I'm determined to NOT let what happens in the post-season steal the joy of GREAT PROGRESS and a GREATseason.

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Reds team cannot hit any more poorly than they have this past month and has a record of 16-11 since September 1st. That is a 96-win pace. If the worst this clubs plays would result in a 96-win season, you have to feel good about your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This Reds team cannot hit any more poorly than they have this past month and has a record of 16-11 since September 1st. That is a 96-win pace. If the worst this clubs plays would result in a 96-win season, you have to feel good about your chances.
    You should be a politician. I feel great about this teams ability to win, I'm not worried about their ability to score a lot of runs.
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

Seems to me the '90 team played much better in the post season than they did at the end of the regular season.

Turn Off Ads?