Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Reds are going to San Francisco...

Senor Votto

Re: The Reds are going to San Francisco...

Wrong thread

2. Turn Off Ads?

George Lopez I got this - YouTube

-The Reds

Pumped up for playoff baseball! Let's go!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Worth The Wait

The four games on Sunday will be played in Detroit, San Francisco, Texas/Baltimore, Atlanta/St. Louis.

I know the networks generally will avoid overlap of games if they can...the best way to achieve that is for a double header of games on Sunday night... With only one WC team playing host, I think you can book is into the late spot.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I hope the Reds remember to wear flowers in their hair during this trip.

San Francisco - Scott McKenzie - YouTube
    Showing your age .
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Showing your age .
    That guy just died too

I did not want to root for this, because I think it is bad for the Reds to be the two seed, but open the post season on the west coast. But for me, it is good. I don't have TBS, but since I live in San Francisco, I will have no problem watching the games. It also means, the games won't be going on during the hardly strictly bluegrass in golden gate park.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    The four games on Sunday will be played in Detroit, San Francisco, Texas/Baltimore, Atlanta/St. Louis.

I know the networks generally will avoid overlap of games if they can...the best way to achieve that is for a double header of games on Sunday night... With only one WC team playing host, I think you can book is into the late spot.
    Yes now that we see the matchups more I expect game 2 at 10:30 Sunday night, game 3 at 6 on Tuesday and game 4 looks like an afternoon game for Wednesday

San Francisco vs. Cincinnati

Some pretty good sports history between these two cities. Hopefully the Reds can exact a measure of revenge for those Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I hope the Reds remember to wear flowers in their hair during this trip.

San Francisco - Scott McKenzie - YouTube

WKRP in Cincinnati Opening Theme 1978 - 1982 - YouTube

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    San Francisco vs. Cincinnati

Some pretty good sports history between these two cities. Hopefully the Reds can exact a measure of revenge for those Super Bowls.

I've been thinking the same thing. I still hold a grudge.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I was hoping for round two to get down there, guess it will have to be when they play the A's in the WS
    Impossible. The Reds will play the Yankees in the World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Bah, my bad, and you're right; too many scenarios and it's been a long day.

I could care less about a late start Saturday night, but a late start Sunday night would be brutal.
    I'm lucky this year. I am off Monday for the holiday. So a late start is OK by me.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Am I correct in recalling that with this round of playoffs there will be no over-the-air broadcast of these games? I've got tickets to our game(s), but it would stink if I couldn't see the first two games. Fortunately my wife and I will be in Chicago for Saturday's game and I think my daughter has cable. Sunday we'll be driving home and I'd like to see the game. Guess maybe I'll have to go up to my Dad's apartment and watch it up there (although it will likely be late for him).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Am I correct in recalling that with this round of playoffs there will be no over-the-air broadcast of these games? I've got tickets to our game(s), but it would stink if I couldn't see the first two games. Fortunately my wife and I will be in Chicago for Saturday's game and I think my daughter has cable. Sunday we'll be driving home and I'd like to see the game. Guess maybe I'll have to go up to my Dad's apartment and watch it up there (although it will likely be late for him).
    All games of the NLDS are on WTBS or the MLB Network. I think all but two will be on WTBS.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Here are the announcers that are going to call the Reds - Giants series on TBS:

Cincinnati at San Francisco: Brian Anderson, Ron Darling, Joe Simpson and Tom Verducci

Turn Off Ads?