Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Reds are going to San Francisco...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: The Reds are going to San Francisco...

From Lance McAllister on twitter

Jon Miller, voice Giants, just told Eddie and Tracy that he thinks the Giants get Latos in Game 2 if #Reds lose Game 1.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Latos would be on his normal # of rest days if that were to happen, right?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Latos would be on his normal # of rest days if that were to happen, right?
    I believe so, yes.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8465049/meet-nlcs

The Pick

The combination of Cain and Bumgarner at the top of the rotation, coupled with baseball's bizarre decision to have higher playoff seeds play the first two LDS games on the road, gives the Giants a good chance to take at least one out of two at AT&T. But the Reds bring more power, more depth, and yes, more overall pitching quality to this series. Reds in four.

The first round is likely to be more difficult to win than the second round, for a myriad of reasons.

Anyone disagree on that?

Jonah Keri really likes the Reds. He's been beating their drum all season long. Hope he's right!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

Jon Miller, voice Giants, just told Eddie and Tracy that he thinks the Giants get Latos in Game 2 if #Reds lose Game 1.
    That's been my assumption.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

I don't know if that's a great decision. I realize home field advantage can change adrenaline, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of our homer-happy pitchers being the first two out of the gate at GABP (if it comes to that).
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Pitchers like to know well ahead of time when they are going to start. I can't imagine Dusty would ever switch up the rotation just because the team lost one game.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The first round is likely to be more difficult to win than the second round, for a myriad of reasons.

Anyone disagree on that?
    I do. Of the three teams I fear the Giants the least.

Look, our offense struggles at times against average pitchers. We are likely going to have to win some 3-2 games regardless of who we face. I'd rather play a team with offensive limitations because that keeps the game in an area where we like it and an area where we excel. Give me a 2-1 game in the 7th and I like our chances to get some key hits to win it. If we play the Nats or Cards, then you start drifting into higher scoring affairs, and I'm less comfortable there.

Both the Nats and the Cards also have a little bit of that "magic" that tends to dominate in October in recent seasons....St. Louis would be esepcially confident if they were to get back to the NLCS...and they play well against us.

I also like the pick of Reds in 4. I am not cocky by any means and I am certainly nervous about those starters for the Giants, but I'm confident we will win the series.

Was Miller announcing Giants games when Dusty was there? Because, he should know better.
    Last edited by Phhhl; 10-06-2012 at 12:12 AM.

I don't know how a series against the Cardinals would have gone, but so far, I like how things have started in this series!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Nice piece from today's Times regarding the predicament both the Giants and A's find themselves.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/09/sp...?smid=pl-share
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?