Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Reds are going to San Francisco...

For a Level Playing Field

Re: The Reds are going to San Francisco...

I do not give a damn who the REDS play. This team made the playoffs. Unless you are younger than 18 yr old, then you should thank the good lord that your fav team made the playoffs. You must beat the best teams (those who made the playoffs) to get the ring. To hope for this team beats that team and then we get this-or-that team in the NLCS is OK, but it is also looking a gift horse in the mouth (as a fan of this team).

Bring on any of those other teams. My fav team is in the playoffs. Thank you good lord.

2. Turn Off Ads?

In 2 different meetings this year the Reds won 4 games to the Giants 3.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Its gonna be a good series. At elast we can get out to SF and get comfortable. The nats are gonna have to wait around a couple days. Theres upsides and downsides to all this. I agree with you Reds Fan Always. Thank the Lord were in and bring em on
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    They are also speculating that Sunday nights game will be at 10:30. I never remembered them having playoff games that late before. Guess Ill just have to be tired at work on Mon. its the playoffs who cares right?
    Sunday will probably either be late afternoon or 10:30. TBS has a game scheduled for 10:30 but they could put the A's in that spot too if they end up hosting games this weekend.

10:30 would really not be good for my boys, who have school Monday. I'm off on Monday for a cheesy government holiday so it don't matter to me..
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I am kind of surprised about the lineup for tonight. I thought with tonight being meaningless now he may rest most of the regulars but so far he has all the regulars starting tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I am kind of surprised about the lineup for tonight. I thought with tonight being meaningless now he may rest most of the regulars but so far he has all the regulars starting tonight.
    They'll get Thursday and Friday off. Don't want to give them too much time off. My guess it will be treated like a spring training game, however. Give them a couple ABs and get them out of there.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Yea, this is horrible news. Should have known it for weeks. I guess internally, I did.
    Oh bother... it looks like we're on our way to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    They'll get Thursday and Friday off. Don't want to give them too much time off. My guess it will be treated like a spring training game, however. Give them a couple ABs and get them out of there.
    Yeah, we don't want the Reds to destroy their current offensive momentum.

I would sit anyone who is injury prone or recovering from injury. Rolen, Phillips, Votto, maybe Cozart. I'd tell them to stay in the hotel.

I'd let Bruce go for 100 RBI tonight. I'd let Hanigan work with Bailey again for five innings. I'd give Frazier some at bats.

Hopefully this is an old version of the lineup and it will change. No need to take any risks of injury whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Prob a few ABs and then sub out.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

They have now officially announced Saturday's game time is 9:37 PM ET. No times yet for the rest of the series. We probably won't get time for other games until baseball knows what the matchups are after the wildcard games on Friday.

Here is the weather for the weekend games in San Francisco:

Saturday Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 63.

Saturday Night Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Sunday Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 62.

Sunday Night Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

The Reds played the Giants tough and close in every single game this season except for the Bumgarner shutout, which wasn't a blowout either.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Time to mend the wounds Halladay left on my soul two years ago. Let's get this started!

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Wonder when the home game start time will be announced?
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Turn Off Ads?