Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Reds are going to San Francisco...

The Reds are going to San Francisco...

With the Nationals victory this afternoon, and their 5-2 advantage in head to head play against the Reds, they have locked up the #1 seed.

That means the Reds go to San Francisco as the #2 seed.

Scott McKenzie - San Francisco - YouTube[/URL]

The good news is that the Reds don't have to watch the wild card game to see where they play. The bad news is that we will face Cain and Bumgarner in San Francisco, where they are very tough. However, the Reds have beat Cain twice this year. Can they do it again?
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: The Reds are going to San Francisco...

Yea, this is horrible news. Should have known it for weeks. I guess internally, I did.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Yea, this is horrible news. Should have known it for weeks. I guess internally, I did.
    Listen, the Reds weren't drawing the Astros in this upcoming series. There are no easy matchups. Braves and Cards have played very well too.

Reds will be focusing on a split in SF with Latos available for game three. That would be good.

Tonight becomes a meaningless game. It should be a AAA game except for Jay Bruce going for 100 RBI and Homer Bailey going for his second consecutive no hitter.

Reds split against Bumgarner and Cain in SF back in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Tonight becomes a meaningless game. It should be a AAA game except for Jay Bruce going for 100 RBI and Homer Bailey going for his second consecutive no hitter.
    I can't believe you jinxed him like that, now it probably won't happen.

That means this will be the schedule of game days. Probably won't know times for a few days but I expect Game 1 to be around 9:30 Saturday night.

National League Division Series Series Date Network Air Time (ET)
    Reds @ Giants Saturday, October 6 TBS TBA
    Reds @ Giants Sunday, October 7 TBS or MLBN*** TBA
    Giants @ Reds Tuesday, October 9 TBS TBA
    Giants @ Reds Wednesday, October 10 TBS or MLBN*** TBA
    Giants @ Reds Thursday, October 11 TBS TBA

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I can't believe you jinxed him like that, now it probably won't happen.
    You didn't hear? To get two straight no-hitters, you need to talk it up. It's a reverse jinx.

In 1938, all the talk shows and blogs openly discussed a double no-hitter. That's why it happened.

It just struck me that when the Reds made the NLDS last they faced a pitcher who had thrown a perfect game during the season. With Cain, they will again be facing a pitcher who threw a perfect game during the season. Hopefully the results will improve this time.

Cruisin' for trouble

That being the case, skip Homer tonight, start Redmond and get Homer set for game 2 at SF.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Worst possible draw for the Reds, IMO. They're a team that historically struggles out west, facing two of the best home-park pitchers in the NL.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    That means this will be the schedule of game days. Probably won't know times for a few days but I expect Game 1 to be around 9:30 Saturday night.
    They are also speculating that Sunday nights game will be at 10:30. I never remembered them having playoff games that late before. Guess Ill just have to be tired at work on Mon. its the playoffs who cares right?
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Bring them on. You gotta go through tough teams to get very far in the post season and something tells me this team has been chomping at the bit to play meaningful baseball games again. I also think they do NOT want this post season experience to end as quickly as their last one. I have faith in these guys. Go Reds!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

We beat Cain twice this year. for some reason we have his number. We beat him in Cincy and in SF. Bumgarner if you remember threw a shutout against us in SF on our west coast trip. we should have taken 3 of 4 that series If I remmber correctly. I dont care who we play I wish it started tonight
    "Losing feels worse than winning feels good." -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    You didn't hear? To get two straight no-hitters, you need to talk it up. It's a reverse jinx.

In 1938, all the talk shows and blogs openly discussed a double no-hitter. That's why it happened.
    Yep. It was all over Twitter.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I just don't see it. I don't want to face the Giants' rotation, but I sure as heck don't want to face the Cardinals. Anyone seen Cueto, Arroyo and Latos' career ERAs against the Cardinals? Last night notwithstanding, they ain't good. And the Braves are a better overall team than the Giants. While you might not have Cain and Bumgarner at the top, the Braves have won 23 straight games with Medlen pitching and it would be 24 if they win the wild card. Add in the Braves' bullpen, and there's a reason they've surrendered 44 fewer runs than the Giants.

No team is desirable at this point. But the Giants are a better draw.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?