Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Giants - National League Division Series

Bakers Dozen

Re: Reds vs. Giants - National League Division Series

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can't wait to see what the Giants are going to do with the rotation. Cain is a lock but Bumgarner been having some issues over the last 7 starts posting a 5.89 ERA, Lincecum is going to finish with a over 5 ERA and they have a 14-19 record in his starts but they say he's in rotation, the Giants have won Barry Zito's last 11 starts despite him giving up a .779 OPS over that span with a ERA just under 4 and Vogelsong has been good his last 2 games but still has a 7.56 ERA in last 9 despite 2 ER over those last 2.

Matt Cain was 0-2 with a 5.54 ERA in 2 starts against the Reds this season according to Cincinnati Enquirer.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    I wanted STL
    St.Louis is in the Reds head,man. To quote one of Dewy Cox's friends, St.Louis, you don't want that crap, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    St.Louis is in the Reds head,man. To quote one of Dewy Cox's friends, St.Louis, you don't want that crap, man!
    well i dont where you came up w/ that. any visual proof or case studies? They just beat STL last nite. They would burn a pitcher in th eplay in game and are the weakest of the playoff bunch.

I would have gone with a Latos,Bronson,Cuteo,and a Homer rotation because both Latos and Bronson have been better than Cuteo over the last couple of months. Cuteo might toss his lunch if he gets behind in Game 5 and it's Katie by the door. With that said, Reds in 4.

well i dont where you came up w/ that. any visual proof or case studies? They just beat STL last nite. They would burn a pitcher in th eplay in game and are the weakest of the playoff bunch.
    I'm the least comfortable playing a team we've faced 15+ times in a single season. Although it goes both ways, the Cardinals can scout us very well because of how many times they've faced our pitching/hitters. I don't want to give any team that kind of opportunity even if it means we also get one of the same kind.

Plus, look at their batting order; it's littered with ~.300+ hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Since it's official I figure we can start a thread regarding the Giants NLDS matchup.

I predict a low scoring, pitching dominated series. It is imperative that the Reds come home no worse than 1-1. If they do they will win the series.

GO REDS!
    Agree!
    Shane Dixon

If we lose today the Cards will have won 4 of 5 series and all of our pitchers have terrible numbers against them. Burning a SP in the WC game doesn't hurt them one bit since that guy will make around his same projected start in DS.

Their rotation was going to be around this regardless
    Wainwright-Wainwright
    Carpenter-Garcia
    Lohse-Carpenter
    Garcia-Lohse
    Wainwright-Wainwright

When the Reds get behind man, there is all most no hope if they are behind by 2 or 3 runs in a important game. We have all seen, Philips,Bruce,Rolen,Stubbs, and even Votto swing full out at terrible pitches and it has gotten them into deep trouble this year. So far there has been no adjustment for that. If they don't watch it, it will bite them in the behind. Homer's are over-rated, just make good contact,get on base, and score!

EMAW

Like it better than playing Atlanta

Game one is 9:37 ET Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Game one is 9:37 ET Saturday night
    Sucks that Ohio State and the Reds are gonna be playing at the same time for a good hour or more. Gonna be alot of channel flipping in my house that night

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    Like it better than playing Atlanta
    AMEN ON THAT......Don't want to deal with the Chipper Jones love fest that's going on!!

Hoping that the Braves knock out the Cardinals, then knock out the Nationals. We beat the Giants, and then get to face the Braves in the NLCS.

Turn Off Ads?