Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/3/12 - Reds at Cardinals

Re: 10/3/12 - Reds at Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by The Snow Chief View Post
    Is Bailey still scheduled to start tonight now that the Nats have the 1 seed locked up? If so, and if the story about the Reds going with a three man rotation is true, that seems to be very strange. This is a meaningless game. If Homer's role is indeed the person who can jump in and replace a starter who gets in trouble early, that means that he will be on short rest if he starts tonight and if Cueto or Arroyo struggle in games 1 or 2.

If he is going to be the game 4 starter or if this game meant something, I would not have a problem with him starting. If he is indeed supposed to be the insurance policy, why would you pitch him tonight? I say give any bullpen arms who need the work an inning each and then let the September call ups take the remainder of the innings tonight.
    My understanding is that the Reds have not COMMITTED to a three man rotation. They have left open the possibility of Homer starting game 4, although maybe not.

I'm guessing that if the Reds are up in the series 2-1 Homer will get the start. If the Reds are trailing then Cueto will start game 4.

In addition, Lecure, Marshall, Brox, and Chapman all pitched last night. Homer will go five tonight and the other guys, Arredondo, Simon, Hoover, whomever, maybe even Leake, will get a little work.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Yes, it's important for the Reds to keep the regulars in to continue with their current offensive momentum.

Here's my lineup tonight, entirely geared to getting Bruce his RBI without using anyone who is an injury risk (except Ludwick who needs the work):

HRod 2B
    Frazier 3B
    Bruce RF
    Ludwick LF
    Heisey CF
    Hanigan C
    Cairo 1B
    Bailey P
    Gregorius SS
    It's to start to give them momentum. It's a move that makes complete sense. Complaining about it is just being nit picky.

There will not be a no hitter tonight.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Van der Meer's record is safe
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    It's to start to give them momentum. It's a move that makes complete sense. Complaining about it is just being nit picky.
    Maybe you'll explain at some point why this particular game is likely to give the Reds momentum. Momentum usually comes from positive action, perhaps you can explain why this game is likely to provide it.

Last night was a win, maybe that game provided momentum that the Reds shoulld have taken directly into the playoffs. Maybe tonight's game will impair momentum rather than provide it. Nobody knows.

But I do know that nothing kills momentum like injuries and it is not "nit picky" to wonder why Dusty is risking injury to players in an entirely meaningless game with the playoffs starting in three days. I'm sure he has his reasons, I just wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about that....
    Is it "next season" yet?

Miller is pitching a NO HITTER.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    There might, actually.

Actually, it would be a kick in the face if the Reds were no-hit tonight.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    How's that momentum coming along so far?

Senor Votto

Hey the Reds are being No-hit

This is a lively bunch tonight.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Hey the Reds are being No-hit
    Glad someone noticed.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

No hitter through 4.1 innings
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Make that through 5
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?