Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs will start in SF

Stubbs will start in SF

Stubbs will be in centerfield both games in SF. Dusty says he needs his best defensive outfield in the games because the outfield is so big. Then why does he replace Ludwick with Heisey late in games? I guess Heisey can't be that bad. Why can't he give a little in center field and get someone in there with a
    better chance of getting a few hits? Our offense is in more need than our defense is right now. We need to score runs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Stubbs will start in SF

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Stubbs will be in centerfield both games in SF. Dusty says he needs his best defensive outfield in the games because the outfield is so big. Then why does he replace Ludwick with Heisey late in games? I guess Heisey can't be that bad. Why can't he give a little in center field and get someone in there with a
    better chance of getting a few hits? Our offense is in more need than our defense is right now. We need to score runs.

Baker talks to hear himself talk. If he truly believed that he needs his best defensive outfield in SF then Heisey will be starting in left, since he comes in as a defensive replacement for Ludwick late in games. Don't hold your breath waiting on that to happen. If he wants to start Stubbs then just say so. Don't make up things that make no sense.

It is a big CF due to the massive RCF so I can live with it.

Bakers Dozen

Baker bashing and the playoffs haven't even started jesus, no wonder he had a mild stroke

Dusty has done an amazing job this yr & he certainly knows the 'Stubby' can't hit 'his weight'...He will be out there as long as we can carry him...but if it gets late & we need runs...maybe as early as the 5th...he will be gone....(I think...I hope)

the rest of the offense has been about just as bad as Stubbs. An average hitting chris heisey isn't gonna save this offense so might as well continue to be defensive heavy

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post
    Baker bashing and the playoffs haven't even started jesus, no wonder he had a mild stroke
    If he's reading this site after being in professional baseball for 40+ years....well then it's worry time.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    Dusty has done an amazing job this yr & he certainly knows the 'Stubby' can't hit 'his weight'...He will be out there as long as we can carry him...but if it gets late & we need runs...maybe as early as the 5th...he will be gone....(I think...I hope)
    IF we need runs? This offense has gone into a coma.

Here's hoping for a a bunch of 1-0 & 2-1 Reds' wins.

I will have to drink a lot more in these upcoming series.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

I can't imagine why this would surprise anyone. I just hope Walt can address this issue in the off season.

Mules have nothing on Mr. Baker....

seems fine just bat him 8th.
    Last edited by webbbj; 10-04-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    It is a big CF due to the massive RCF so I can live with it.
    I agree.

Plus, I still have foolish hopes that Stubbs will be this season's Buddy Biancalana.

At least he's batting 8th now. Stubbs can cover some serious ground out there, and with SF's huge gap, he might save some doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    At least he's batting 8th now. Stubbs can cover some serious ground out there, and with SF's huge gap, he might save some doubles.
    yup. will save us some runs with his great speed in that huge outfield.

Turn Off Ads?