Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man That Was Boring

Man That Was Boring

Well that was the biggest waste of time and money I've ever spent going to see the Reds. Our first teamers get no-hit by a nobody. Homer loses no-hitter on 1st batter.

Yawwwwnnnnn, I shoulda stayed home for this one.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Man That Was Boring

To be fair, Shelby Miller is one of the best pitching prospects in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    And we've been in the big dance for two weeks now. No complaining about meaningless end of the season games!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

We're in huge trouble. I know that people in this forum have spent enough time watching this game to know it.

You do not hit like this over an extended period of time only to 'find it' against the likes of Cain, Bumgarner, etc.

This is bad. I would love to be wrong.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    We're in huge trouble. I know that people in this forum have spent enough time watching this game to know it.

You do not hit like this over an extended period of time only to 'find it' against the likes of Cain, Bumgarner, etc.

And if you are wrong, you will celebrate just like the rest of us. But if you are right, you can posture and say that you told us so. You are another poster who wrote this team off in April.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I think it's obvious that this team cannot be boxed into a certain result. Just when you think that they are toast, they break. Just when you think there is no gas in the tank, the power breaks out. They didn't win 97 games by accident. Tonight was a combination of Dusty paying around, resting starters, and a lack of really caring. It showed. A meaningless game. Part of the recent "slump" has to do more with the opposition than the Reds. We clinched early and still won. I think we'll be OK, but we've seen that anything can happen in the playoffs. Lets enjoy the ride and remember that long lost decade. This is so much better than that.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Sure the Reds are going to face some stud pitchers...but so are their opponents.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Yeah, it sucks watching them now and things look bleak. But it wasn't that long ago that things looked even worse when we finally fought back close at the all star break only to learn that we were losing Votto for an extended period. We know how that turned out. I know we can beat anyone any day, so I have high hopes that we'll continue to find ways to win, even if it isn't always pretty.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    haha I was about to say. At the beginning of this year, Shelby Miller was rated by many as the best right handed pitching prospect in all of baseball. He still needs work but I think he showed why scouts and GM's love him.

EDIT: As a Cards fan, I also love the fact that Miller is only 21 years old.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 10-04-2012 at 12:59 AM.

I understand your concern. But the team won 97 games, they can't be written off so easily. Let's reserve judgment for now.

If the Reds were losing game after game now, I'd be more concerned. But even with the hitting slump they have won most of the time.

I have a lot of confidence in Dusty and the team. The playoffs will be tough, there's no guarantee, but let's not assume anything based on games that were mostly meaningless.

Go Reds.

That's not too in touch with history. The 1990 team was not flattering in September/October. In fact, in the last few weeks, they were shut out three separate times and scored one or two runs many more times. They were very mediocre offensively down the stretch.

It doesn't inspire confidence, but it's not necessarily the death sentence you're making it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    haha I was about to say. At the beginning of this year, Shelby Miller was rated by many as the best right handed pitching prospect in all of baseball. He still needs work but I think he showed why scouts and GM's love him.

EDIT: As a Cards fan, I also love the fact that Miller is only 21 years old.
    When Miller is on, he is a very good pitcher. He dealt with some changes this year and it probably held him back for a period of time because of it, but he seems to have embraced it and is back on track. Which I hate to say, given that he is a Cardinal.

I think it's perfectly legitimate to be concerned about the offense, but not to put too much stock in it. Remember the All Star Break? Reds had a few days off and then came out and swept the Cardinals. Granted, that break was longer than this one is, but maybe a couple of days off will be good for the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    When Miller is on, he is a very good pitcher. He dealt with some changes this year and it probably held him back for a period of time because of it, but he seems to have embraced it and is back on track. Which I hate to say, given that he is a Cardinal.
    Keith Law said he looked bored in AAA.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Reds hitters look bad against even mediocre rookies.

Anything can happen, and an offensive outburst might be on the horizon.

But I agree that right now, the lack of hitting is a huge concern.

Turn Off Ads?