Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The playoff rotation is just plain idiotic!

Re: The playoff rotation is just plain idiotic!

Call me a naive homer but I believe it doesn't matter. This rotation is great and see any order working out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Our current playoff rotation is just setting us up for failure.

This is how it should be:

Game 1: Latos (AKA The Giants Killer, 2-0 with 0.56 ERA this year).

You need that Game 1. It sets the tone for the entire series. Latos has OWNED the Giants throughout his entire career. Setting him up for Game 1 would've allowed him to pitch a potential Game 5 in Cincinnati.

Game 2: Homer Bailey

9-2 with a 2.45 Road ERA. He is scheduled to pitch (if necessary) Game 4 at HOME, where he is sporting an ERA in the mid 5's. Make's much sense.

Game 3: Johnny Cueto

10-3 with a 2.79 ERA at Home.

Pitching at GABP can be tricky at times. If anyone has mastered to pitch at GABP is Mr. Cueto.

Arroyo should be left off the roster as far as i'm concerned.
    This makes good sense to me...id prefer this rotation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post
    Also what is so great about Lincecum in game 4? Are we giving him the benefit of the doubt by name because he still is off as hell this year.
    He isn't Homer Bailey pitching in his own personal hell facing the NL's best road hitting team in a hitters park with several big bats that flat out rake in said park.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    He isn't Homer Bailey pitching in his own personal hell facing the NL's best road hitting team in a hitters park with several big bats that flat out rake in said park.
    His 'own personal hell'...are you flippin kidding me??? I wonder how we won 97 games without your advise?? Have you ever heard of possitive energy?? Or are you a 'Cardinals fan' trolling here with all your negative comments....According to you, the Reds don't have a chance!! I'd say you're a Cards fan....Let it go....

Bakers Dozen

Someone brought up a good point to me earlier. We sandwiched Arroyo between Cueto and Latos. This gives us a guy in Bronson who is a soft thrower to keep the Giants bats off balance a bit since both Cueto and Latos can bring the heat. They won't be seeing the same style of pitcher on consecutive days.

Every little edge adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    His 'own personal hell'...are you flippin kidding me??? I wonder how we won 97 games without your advise?? Have you ever heard of possitive energy?? Or are you a 'Cardinals fan' trolling here with all your negative comments....According to you, the Reds don't have a chance!! I'd say you're a Cards fan....Let it go....
    So I take it that you've never seen Homer pitch at home? He gave up 21 jacks in 17 starts at home, we didn't win 97 games because of Homer pitching at GABP because in those 17 starts we went 6-11. So that's 35.5% of our losses at home this year coming in his starts and he personally took 8 of those losses which lead the team by 3.

Bakers Dozen

So I take it that you've never seen Homer pitch at home? He gave up 21 jacks in 17 starts at home, we didn't win 97 games because of Homer pitching at GABP because in those 17 starts we went 6-11. So that's 35.5% of our losses at home this year coming in his starts and he personally took 8 of those losses which lead the team by 3.
    He's not going to risk throwing Homer Bailey out there on the road in game 2, especially with the possibility of facing a 0-1 hole. Dusty isn't going to do it and most managers wouldn't either. You want a veteran with experience like Arroyo in that 2 slot if Cueto stumbles. You do not want someone like Homer Bailey thinking the entire series is riding on his performance! Get that through your skull. This game is more than just damn numbers on a piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpFak3First View Post
    He's not going to risk throwing Homer Bailey out there on the road in game 2, especially with the possibility of facing a 0-1 hole. Dusty isn't going to do it and most managers wouldn't either. You want a veteran with experience like Arroyo in that 2 slot if Cueto stumbles. You do not want someone like Homer Bailey thinking the entire series is riding on his performance! Get that through your skull. This game is more than just damn numbers on a piece of paper.
    The Risk is starting him at home in a game 4 at a park he sucks at in what could be a must win game. If the Cardinals Advance they are using Garcia in game two of the DS to use him to the strengths of his splits.

MLB Road rankings among SP with 10 ore more road starts and Homer's stats:
    2.32 ERA 1st
    .213 BAA 4th, Behind Gonzalez .208, Darvish .209 and Kershaw .210
    1.00 WHIP 1st

Rather than having one of if not the best road pitcher in all of MLB this year pitch on the road in a pitchers park to a team with the MLB low 31 HR at home, he decides to have him face that team who is 2nd in all of MLB hitting on the road, in a park that's a hitters yard to a team who has players that crush at GABP to a guy who has massive issues pitching in the same park.

You want to put players in a position to succeed as a manager but this is setting a guy up to fail.

2012 Slash Splits
    .213/.263/.296/.559 on Road
    .299/.348/.526/.874 at home

So at home every hitter is 2012 Chase Headley on the road they are good hitting pitchers.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

The Risk is starting him at home in a game 4 at a park he sucks at in what could be a must win game. If the Cardinals Advance they are using Garcia in game two of the DS to use him to the strengths of his splits.

MLB Road rankings among SP with 10 ore more road starts and Homer's stats:
    2.32 ERA 1st
    .213 BAA 4th, Behind Gonzalez .208, Darvish .209 and Kershaw .210
    1.00 WHIP 1st

Rather than having one of if not the best road pitcher in all of MLB this year pitch on the road in a pitchers park to a team with the MLB low 31 HR at home, he decides to have him face that team who is 2nd in all of MLB hitting on the road, in a park that's a hitters yard to a team who has players that crush at GABP to a guy who has massive issues pitching in the same park.

You want to put players in a position to succeed as a manager but this is setting a guy up to fail.

2012 Slash Splits
    .213/.263/.296/.559 on Road
    .299/.348/.526/.874 at home

So at home every hitter is 2012 Chase Headley on the road they are good hitting pitchers.
    I think if the Reds are facing elimination that game that Cueto would be available to pitch. You know we wouldn't be the 1st team to use a 3 man rotation on a 5 game series.

Both homer and arroyo are better road pitchers than home pitchers. Latos is better at home and w/cueto it doesnt matter.

By that logic the rotation should be

Homer
    Arroyo
    Cueto
    Latos

Im joking but that isnt happening.

One of Arroyo or Bailey was going to pitch at home, its unavoidable.

Arroyo is in a big park against a team that doesnt hit for power he will be fine. Play it safe get 5 -7 out of him depending on the situation and try to lock the late game down w/ the BP.

Bailey will be pitching in colder weather and against a low power hitting team. GABP may not be his best place but hes coming in as high as he possibly can and w/ the setup its about as good an opportunity he has to pitch great at home.

And it would be nice to finish these guys off in 4 then in the NLCS we can set the rotation normally with Cueto, Latos, Arroyo, Bailey.

LOL, bet you feel kinda dumb right now

Arroyo really stunk it up tonight.....

I wish we started Homer even more now especially after we scored 9 runs, Arroyo is miles better than Homer at home. The Giants are weak hitters at home with a .376 SLG at home, only 3 teams were worse than that. But they have 5th best slugging on the road and 2nd in NL behind the Nats and they play in a division with LA and SD which can drag down numbers.

GABP is a hitters park so the chances Homer slowing them down there will be microscopic with his .526 SLG allowed there this season. If he blows up and then with Cueto's health in issue and Cain lurking this isn't a very comfortable 2-0 lead to me.

I would be far more at ease with Arroyo trying to keep them off balance in the hitters park rather than getting in there and taking some strong hacks on fastballs at a hitters parks with their season on the line.

Seriously??? Just plain idiotic....Hmmmm.....Just not sure where you all come up with this craziness???
    Last edited by redsrolen; 10-08-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    Seriously??? Just plain idiotic....Hmmmm.....Just not sure where you all come up with this craziness???
    So if you don't think Homer is terrible at home you are either in denial or never seen him pitch at home, and if you never seen him pitch at home this all you need to look at his numbers.

Homer is one of the worst home pitchers in the majors at GABP while being one of the best on the road. His 21 HR allowed at home ranks #1 in NL at home and hits 121 hits also rank tops in the NL and his 63 ER lead the National League.

Not only did he allow those 21 HR he also added in 7 triples in his 17 home starts, only 15 hitters in the majors even managed to get more 7 as a hitter and most all of them did it more than the 405 AB it took Homer to yield them in.

But yeah lets ignore the facts.

Turn Off Ads?