Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reds TV experiences a bump

Re: Reds TV experiences a bump

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    They're available on sports tier with most providers, as with most regional networks. I imagine they're still on in probably a million homes in the LA market. That's not insignificant.
    No, they are not on in the sports tiers in the LA Market. The LA/Orange County market is exclusive to the Dodgers and Angels.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Skyline chili has a taste that I just can't stand.

My brother,nephew,and myself finished a job in the Dupont plant and by the time we packed up and headed for home it was way past dinner and we were starving.I was looking forward to trying the famous Skyline chili,boy were we disappointed.

As my brother reached for the red sauce(to try to make it palatable),my nephew grabbed his arm and said don't,it makes it worse.We left and found another place to get something to eat.
    May the Lord bless

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    Skyline chili has a taste that I just can't stand.

My brother,nephew,and myself finished a job in the Dupont plant and by the time we packed up and headed for home it was way past dinner and we were starving.I was looking forward to trying the famous Skyline chili,boy were we disappointed.

As my brother reached for the red sauce(to try to make it palatable),my nephew grabbed his arm and said don't,it makes it worse.We left and found another place to get something to eat.
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Elk & Elk, because we've taken the money saved on our comb overs to buy this fancy computers.
    But they've now upgraded to "Minority Report" -like touch screen capabilities, didn't you see? So they have to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Blasphemy!

I have no skin in the game when it comes to liking/disliking Skyline, but they need to get a new jingle at some point, please, I'm begging.

When I am watching the Reds games with MLB.tv, I get local San Diego commercials during the break. Sometimes just the break in action screen.

How can we have a thread discussing past Reds commercials with no mention of Red Roof Inn?

"Multi-tasking!"
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    No, they are not on in the sports tiers in the LA Market. The LA/Orange County market is exclusive to the Dodgers and Angels.
    Well yes and no. I was referring to the channels being carried on sports tier in the L.A. markets (which is absolutely true for the operators that have picked up FS San Diego) but I wasn't thinking about blackout restrictions, so because of RSN exclusivity in those counties, you're right the games would be blacked out on sports tier.

My point, though, was about the fact FS San Diego was carried in L.A. on sports tier but forgot about the Padres' games being blacked out regionally. So the channel is carried in L.A. but you're right the games themselves aren't. Anyone that wanted to see the Padres in L.A. would need to purchase an extra innings package or MLB TV.
    Last edited by Brutus; 10-07-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?