Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds TV experiences a bump

Re: Reds TV experiences a bump

As long as Ron Whitaker and Richmond Toyota stay on. That dude hears me

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Any commercial which eliminates another Fox Sports Ohio Girls commercial is okay with me.
    Given the choice of seeing a Sports Ohio girl or Marty+Brantley advertising Montgomery Ribs, I think I'll take the Fox Sports Girls .. Much more pleasant on the eyes.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    That probably does make a big difference in Houston, but San Diego has no excuse.
    That's probably true, but there are a lot of people in Southern California, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of people just south of L.A. that watch the Padres in addition to the San Diego DMA.

Nonetheless, I can't imagine the network is getting what they're paying for the Padres with those numbers. The market isn't overly big to begin with, so they're not cashing in on operator fees, thus these ratings are salt in the wound.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Given the choice of seeing a Sports Ohio girl or Marty+Brantley advertising Montgomery Ribs, I think I'll take the Fox Sports Girls .. Much more pleasant on the eyes.
    Give me Montgomery Ribs every time. "You gotta go with the rib bib!"

Feeling the home team priiiiiiiiiiiiiide
    from the east side to the west siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

Last time I had Extra Innings, the big ads were something like A & E doors and windows where Marty was stalking two girls and a JTM ad with Bronson Arroyo and Chris Welsh.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

When I view MLB.TV on the computer, MLB inserts local commercials into the stream. So I get commercials for Chick Fil-A and Whataburger during Reds games, the latter of which probably isn't available within 500 miles of Cincinnati. I'm pretty tired of the wordless Chick-Fil-A spot with the cow on the window washer's elevator, holding up the sign that says "Reely Kevin?"

On the Roku, I just get to stare at the silent blue animation for 2 minutes and ponder the preceding half-inning.
    /r/reds

So Cincinnati!

Love your Gil-Key Window!

Whenever you're feeling good and hungry, it's Skyline time.

I don't mind the Skyline commercials or the Montgomery Inn ones. I happen to like Leinenkugel's as well, so that doesn't bug me. Those Cincinnati Children's Hospital commercials though really try too hard to play on the heart strings, but maybe they work? I don't know.

Still would love to see a Reds network/channel. Wonder what it would take for that? A World Series win?

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    As long as Ron Whitaker and Richmond Toyota stay on. That dude hears me
    Classic, I've been working on an impression of that guy. Nobody but me gets it.

Speaking of commercials. Have any of the rest of you noticed that at some half innings the commercials have been running longer? About every 30 minutes the commercials have been going over into a couple of pitches into the inning. Sometimes missing a complete AB. I really hate that. Maybe it's just DirecTV or is it FSO? Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing that?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Hearing you guys talk about the commercials makes me enjoy the fact that the mlb.com package doesn't show commercials from local feeds.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    When I view MLB.TV on the computer, MLB inserts local commercials into the stream. So I get commercials for Chick Fil-A and Whataburger during Reds games, the latter of which probably isn't available within 500 miles of Cincinnati. I'm pretty tired of the wordless Chick-Fil-A spot with the cow on the window washer's elevator, holding up the sign that says "Reely Kevin?"

On the Roku, I just get to stare at the silent blue animation for 2 minutes and ponder the preceding half-inning.
    Either one, I don't get any commercials. Of course I live outside the viewing area so that might be the reason why.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Time Warner, the biggest cable provider in San Diego has not reached a deal with fox sports to carry the padres.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Elk & Elk, because we've taken the money saved on our comb overs to buy this fancy computers.
    Serious hair for serious lawyers.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I sheepishly admit that I was featured on a few different commercials that aired during the Reds season this year. I thought it was cool... until this thread.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Turn Off Ads?