Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds TV experiences a bump

Re: Reds TV experiences a bump

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    I sheepishly admit that I was featured on a few different commercials that aired during the Reds season this year. I thought it was cool... until this thread.
    I'm sorry Mr. Elk, but the comb-over isn't working. Just let it go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

"Top to bottom, wall to wall, neighbor to neighbor." Wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that over the last few years.

Now a question. In the skyline song, "Wholesome hearty food, with a taste that's so ____________________?

What are they saying? I can't ever figure out what that word is. Ever listen to it very close? My son and I have a bet on this one. What is the word?

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    "Top to bottom, wall to wall, neighbor to neighbor." Wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that over the last few years.

Now a question. In the skyline song, "Wholesome hearty food, with a taste that's so ____________________?

What are they saying? I can't ever figure out what that word is. Ever listen to it very close? My son and I have a bet on this one. What is the word?
    Devine.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Devine.
    Dan? Adrian?

Or do you mean "divine?"
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Could never tell if they were saying "Divine" or "Refined."

I sheepishly admit that I was featured on a few different commercials that aired during the Reds season this year. I thought it was cool... until this thread.
    Are you a Fox Sports Ohio girl?

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post

Iodine?
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    Are you a Fox Sports Ohio girl?
    Honestly, do you think they could get past the Old Red Guard vote-in?
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I'm sorry Mr. Elk, but the comb-over isn't working. Just let it go.
    Without the comb-over there is no way you would have remembered them at all! Obey the power of the comb-over!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

If we're voting on looks, they wouldn't get my vote. No offense to them, but I don't think they're very attractive at all.

High five!

Makes you kind of miss:

We're together again
    Together again
    Taco filling/beef hoagie/I forget the other ones
    We're together again

Let's all sing!

Well, Nate and Raisor got in based mostly on their looks...
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    That's probably true, but there are a lot of people in Southern California, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of people just south of L.A. that watch the Padres in addition to the San Diego DMA.

Nonetheless, I can't imagine the network is getting what they're paying for the Padres with those numbers. The market isn't overly big to begin with, so they're not cashing in on operator fees, thus these ratings are salt in the wound.
    The Padres are not on TV in the LA market. The MLB blackout map doesn't even show Orange County as black out territory for mlb.com. LA and Orange are LAA and LAD territories. The Padres do claim Vegas (where they would have to be about team #8 on the minds of locals) and parts of AZ including Tucson. That's what made the Padres new mega TV deal earlier this year completely mind-boggling. The Reds dwarf the Padres TV audience.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The Padres are not on TV in the LA market. The MLB blackout map doesn't even show Orange County as black out territory for mlb.com. LA and Orange are LAA and LAD territories. The Padres do claim Vegas (where they would have to be about team #8 on the minds of locals) and parts of AZ including Tucson. That's what made the Padres new mega TV deal earlier this year completely mind-boggling. The Reds dwarf the Padres TV audience.
    They're available on sports tier with most providers, as with most regional networks. I imagine they're still on in probably a million homes in the LA market. That's not insignificant.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    So Cincinnati!

Love your Gil-Key Window!

Whenever you're feeling good and hungry, it's Skyline time.

I don't mind the Skyline commercials or the Montgomery Inn ones. I happen to like Leinenkugel's as well, so that doesn't bug me. Those Cincinnati Children's Hospital commercials though really try too hard to play on the heart strings, but maybe they work? I don't know.

Still would love to see a Reds network/channel. Wonder what it would take for that? A World Series win?

Something about the Leinenkugel's ad always makes me laugh. It's the statement that they get their honey from the next county over. I grin every time.

A few years ago the ads foe whichever chili place had a family of 4 dancing around a kitchen table stacked with their products. It was led by a brunette mother. I thought those were the most amateurish things I've ever seen.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?