Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard watching....

Re: Postseason Scoreboard watching....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Really dude.... I'm beginning to wonder if you actually enjoy baseball or the playoffs for that matter. Pretty much the biggest debbie downer I've seen here. Sorry, it's just annoying.
    How is he a Debbie Downer? The Cards were only here by the grace of Bud Selig and his forcing an extra wild card. You root for the Yankees....which is like rooting for cancer and of course you are a Cardinals fan.
    You have been more than negative on your Cards but as soon as they spring to life your posts magically double.
    You remind me of my friend who was a Raider fan in the 80's and the became a Steeler? Fan all of a sudden in the 90's. Also a Laker's fan. Real tough guy he is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    All he has to do is just flick his bat and it's gone in that obscene small porch.
    Kind of an ironic statment considering the ballpark the Reds play in.

You root for the Yankees....which is like rooting for cancer and of course you are a Cardinals fan.
    Really? Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for a fatal illness that takes away loved ones and devastates quality of life?

It's sports, guys.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

How is he a Debbie Downer? The Cards were only here by the grace of Bud Selig and his forcing an extra wild card. You root for the Yankees....which is like rooting for cancer and of course you are a Cardinals fan.
    You have been more than negative on your Cards but as soon as they spring to life your posts magically double.
    You remind me of my friend who was a Raider fan in the 80's and the became a Steeler? Fan all of a sudden in the 90's. Also a Laker's fan. Real tough guy he is.
    I didn't know I was on some sort of posting quota. Please tell me how many times you want me to post to satisfy your angst or what ever you want to call it...

Can we please stop this teenage, high school stuff? People post when they want on here. I've never heard anyone else criticized or talked to about the number of posts on here and the regularity of those posts. I've been on here all year long on a consistent basis. Sometimes I post more than other times. I am more on this board now because it's post season baseball and all the games are interesting, baseball wide. I'm sure, maybe the mods can back me up on this, that the flow of traffic is higher now than it was in the middle of the season on this forum. That said, you have no idea of what's going on with someone's life as to make the kind of comments you're making above. I know I'm a Cards fan. That's fine if you hate the team. I just ask don't take it out on someone posting on here.

Also, I don't understand your analogy about your friend considering that I've been following the Cardinals the majority of my life and will remain my number one baseball team.

Kind of an ironic statment considering the ballpark the Reds play in.
    I think the Yankees is worse when it comes to that. Worse. Down the RF line....it's a joke there more than GABP has been. Curtis Granderson has turned into a mini Adam Dunn....except with less walks but comes close to K's and doing nothing else but hit homers.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Really? Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for a fatal illness that takes away loved ones and devastates quality of life?

It's sports, guys.
    Man it was a joke. Not even close to being taken seriously.
    I should have used the old line...Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for US Steel.

I think the Yankees is worse when it comes to that. Worse. Down the RF line....it's a joke there more than GABP has been. Curtis Granderson has turned into a mini Adam Dunn....except with less walks but comes close to K's and doing nothing else but hit homers.
    GABP is only 10 feet more down the right and left field line and right/left center are the same I believe. The first HR that Ibanez hit last night would have been out in GABP, if you go by the dimensions of both parks.

I didn't know I was on some sort of posting quota. Please tell me how many times you want me to post to satisfy your angst or what ever you want to call it...

Can we please stop this teenage, high school stuff? People post when they want on here. I've never heard anyone else criticized or talked to about the number of posts on here and the regularity of those posts. I've been on here all year long on a consistent basis. Sometimes I post more than other times. I am more on this board now because it's post season baseball and all the games are interesting, baseball wide. I'm sure, maybe the mods can back me up on this, that the flow of traffic is higher now than it was in the middle of the season on this forum. That said, you have no idea of what's going on with someone's life as to make the kind of comments you're making above. I know I'm a Cards fan. That's fine if you hate the team. I just ask don't take it out on someone posting on here.

Also, I don't understand your analogy about your friend considering that I've been following the Cardinals the majority of my life and will remain my number one baseball team.

You are not on a post quota. Spare me your drama. I am not the first to call out how you disappear when the Cards are nowhere to be found......but magically are here in ten folds when they are rising up again.

What? Am I not allowed to take a jab at a Cards fan, who also happens to be a Yankees fan on a Reds board? Go to Viva El Birdos then...... they are way less tolerable than us on a Cards fan....than of anyone who is a Reds fan.

For Reds Fans, by Reds Fans?

Man it was a joke. Not even close to being taken seriously.
    I should have used the old line...Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for US Steel.
    I know it was a joke. I'm pointing out that some jokes fall flat for a reason. Most people take cancer pretty seriously; it tends to be one of those "unjokeable" topics.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I know it was a joke. I'm pointing out that some jokes fall flat for a reason. Most people take cancer pretty seriously; it tends to be one of those "unjokeable" topics.
    I understand that and I am sorry. Lenny Bruce I am not.

I understand that and I am sorry. Lenny Bruce I am not.
    Well you're a good fellow. And it's possible I'm running on a short fuse today

You are not on a post quota. Spare me your drama. I am not the first to call out how you disappear when the Cards are nowhere to be found......but magically are here in ten folds when they are rising up again.

What? Am I not allowed to take a jab at a Cards fan, who also happens to be a Yankees fan on a Reds board? Go to Viva El Birdos then...... they are way less tolerable than us on a Cards fan....than of anyone who is a Reds fan.
    It's one thing to take a jab at Cards fans on their team (IE how is Carpenter going to explain this to his son, Garcia having room service issues, the smugness of "the best fans in baseball" mantra, etc) but its another thing questioning someone's posting habbits or posting frequency. You really don't know people's own real life issues. Call it "drama" all you want. Besides, I'm averaging about 3.05 post a day compared to your 1.15 post per day. Just because I don't post here all the time doesn't mean I'm not in other areas of the forum posting on other things. Again, stop with this high school, teenage stuff and get back on the post season baseball topic.

It's one thing to take a jab at Cards fans on their team (IE how is Carpenter going to explain this to his son, Garcia having room service issues, the smugness of "the best fans in baseball" mantra, etc) but its another thing questioning someone's posting habbits or posting frequency. You really don't know people's own real life issues. Call it "drama" all you want. Besides, I'm averaging about 3.05 post a day compared to your 1.15 post per day. Just because I don't post here all the time doesn't mean I'm not in other areas of the forum posting on other things. Again, stop with this high school, teenage stuff and get back on the post season baseball topic.

I have never indulged in that stuff in regards to cards players. I keep that stuff to myself. So you average more posts than me and you even broke it down by .05 .....and I am being high schoolish?
    I know you have had health issues but you still disappear a lot when the cards are playing badly. You did again this year.

I apologize if it was all coincidences. I have actually defended you when people have taken shots at you......but man you sure so love to show up at the worst times don't you? Just to give us some nuggets of cards goodness and stuff... then you throw in your a Yankees fan, well that's just like icing on this great day.

I have never indulged in that stuff in regards to cards players. I keep that stuff to myself. So you average more posts than me and you even broke it down by .05 .....and I am being high schoolish?
    I know you have had health issues but you still disappear a lot when the cards are playing badly. You did again this year.

I apologize if it was all coincidences. I have actually defended you when people have taken shots at you......but man you sure so love to show up at the worst times don't you? Just to give us some nuggets of cards goodness and stuff... then you throw in your a Yankees fan, well that's just like icing on this great day.
    If you want, we can take this childish argument to private. I'm sure people don't want to see this back and fourth.

To be specific though, I was mainly gone for about 3 weeks here recently because of family issues but I've been here and commented a good part of the year. I more posted on the "other sports threads" when the Stanley Cup Playoffs were going on because I was mainly watching hockey at that time (playoff hockey > early season baseball in my opinion). Those posts are there if you want to do your research.

Me pointing out our post per day count is to counter your argument that I'm only on this forum when the Cardinals play well. Statistically I'm contribute more per day than you do that's why I find your argument pretty much invalid and pointless.

Turn Off Ads?