Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard watching....

A's come back to tie it in the 9th and are still batting

2. Turn Off Ads?
    A's come back with 3 runs in the 9th to force game 5 tomorrow night

Re: Postseason Scoreboard watching....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I'm also rooting for an old school Cardinals vs. Yankees world series matchup. About as old school as you're going to get.
    I'd say Pittsburgh vs. Boston is as old school as you're going to get seeing as it was the first modern World Series in MLB history. And then you have the Giants and Athletics.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    They had 2nd-place teams in the old school World Series?
    Really dude.... I'm beginning to wonder if you actually enjoy baseball or the playoffs for that matter. Pretty much the biggest debbie downer I've seen here. Sorry, it's just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd say Pittsburgh vs. Boston is as old school as you're going to get seeing as it was the first modern World Series in MLB history. And then you have the Giants and Athletics.
    What I meant was from the stand point in number of appearances against each other in the past. They have meet 5 times before with the Cardinals taking 3 of those championships.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

What I meant was from the stand point in number of appearances against each other in the past. They have meet 5 times before with the Cardinals taking 3 of those championships.
    No offense, but if the Reds don't make the Series, I'd rather see a couple teams in it who haven't won a boatload of championships between them. Yankee and Cardinal fans can look back on a pretty good number of championships while there are other fan bases that aren't so fortunate.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Still not as many as Yankees/Dodgers (10), or Yankees/Giants (7).
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Really dude.... I'm beginning to wonder if you actually enjoy baseball or the playoffs for that matter. Pretty much the biggest debbie downer I've seen here. Sorry, it's just annoying.
    No, your team is annoying. And they're whiners. I'd rather have a root canal on every tooth than watch them win another game.

Stat geek...and proud
    When I lived in NY, I became a mild Yankees fan. Mostly that was because the Red Sox fans were more insufferable than Cubs fans. They are the AL team I root for. Obviously I'm a Cards fan first and foremost though. I'm also rooting for an old school Cardinals vs. Yankees world series matchup. About as old school as you're going to get.

That said, I do root for the bad guy in a lot of movies.
    If that winds up being the matchup I might jump off the Roebling Bridge.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Still not as many as Yankees/Dodgers (10), or Yankees/Giants (7).
    True, but the Dodgers aren't in the playoffs and I don't want the Giants to win.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

...... I don't want the Giants to win.
    I guess we have that in common. At least for one game.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I guess we have that in common. At least for one game.
    Reds vs. Cardinals is a significantly more intriguing match up from a regional and a national standpoint than either the Giants vs. Cardinals or Nats. vs Reds, in my opinion.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

How's "all-star" Lance Lynn? Told ya he was playin' over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    How's "all-star" Lance Lynn? Told ya he was playin' over his head.
    umm... he saved the Cardinals in the second game after Garcia's horrible start. Besides, why would you pitch him in this series when you have Carpenter, Wainwright, and Lohse? He'll probably get a start in the NLCS if the Cards make it that far. Still, he's a heck of an insurance policy to have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Oh of course, it's Ibanez, who I have not seen get an out in about 4 years. Every time I watch him he's hitting something far and important.
    All he has to do is just flick his bat and it's gone in that obscene small porch.

Turn Off Ads?