Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard watching....

Re: Postseason Scoreboard watching....

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    You know, whatever we thought of the call, and I didn't like it one bit, every time you have something like this in a sporting event, the case can be made that the losing team had plenty of other opportunities not to lose. So we can gripe all we want, but what really happened was that the Braves shot themselves in the foot and then complained that the pain killer wasn't working.
    This is irrelevant. Whether or not the call was correct is the only issue. I do not even think that anyone has suggested it was the sole reason the Braves lost. That Kozma made what was potentially as bad a play that could have opened the door as Jones' error didn't become a story because the ump bailed him out with a crap call.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    This is irrelevant. Whether or not the call was correct is the only issue. I do not even think that anyone has suggested it was the sole reason the Braves lost. That Kozma made what was potentially as bad a play that could have opened the door as Jones' error didn't become a story because the ump bailed him out with a crap call.
    ^ Truth.

Leadoff homer for Coco Crisp. 1-0 A's

Coco Crisp with a lead-off HR off of Justin Verlander to start the A's-Tigers series.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    A contrarian is one who takes the unpopular side in a controversy. First you're claiming expertise in tv productions during Clinchgate and telling us how your background makes your argument authoritative. Now you are a highly trained umpire while the rest of us poor ignorant fans just don't understand the intricacies of this rule. If the subject is college basketball, you are an insider there as well. I'm seeing a pattern here.
    Also an insider/expert on how Television setups and broadcast. (ref Fox Sports blowing the post-clinching game)

Nevermind, you covered that ground.

Brutus is also an expert on the Kennedy assassination. (joke)
    Last edited by RBA; 10-06-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Lawyers will privately confide to each other when they believe that another lawyer made a mistake in judgment but they are much more reluctant to criticize their colleague in public, at least colleagues in the same legal community. Good luck getting one trial judge to criticize another openly-they tend to publicly pretend that all of their colleagues are John Marshall.
    Firstly, it would be unethical for another lawyer to criticize another in public (at least in Canada).

And appeal judges overturn verdicts all the time, which directly means they are telling the trial judge he was wrong.

Verlander not at his best, still dominating.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Verlander not at his best, still dominating.
    Now 9 Ks though 6 innings and just struck out the side in the 6th

Verlander is cruising now. 5 straight Ks and 6 out of the last 7 batters he has struck out.

133 pitches for Verlander. Seems a bit high but it's the playoffs I suppose.

edit: Okay, maybe not. Box score says 121. I could swear the guy on TV said 132 before his final pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

The MLB At Bat app has him listed as 121 pitches. I would think he is done for the night. 11 Ks in 7 innings.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Congrats to the Tigers for winning game one over the A's but after hearing about how some of the Tiger fans treated some Reds fans during that series at GABP (including a friend of mine who was treated extremely bad during the Sunday night game), I'm not sure how I feel about them advancing too far in the post season. I'm loving how the A's messed everyone up by winning the AL West so I'd love to see them advance to the next series. And Jonny Gomes is there too!

Big day tomorrow....O's vs Stankees right before the Reds and Giants!!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Oakland gets on the board first. Yeonis Cespedes drives in a run here in the 3rd.

Tied up at 1 in Detroit, top of the fifth.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Oakland takes a 2-1 lead with 1 out in the 7th inning.

Turn Off Ads?