Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLBTR Offseason Outlook: Cincinnati Reds

MLBTR Offseason Outlook: Cincinnati Reds

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...nati-reds.html

Interesting read. Is Aroldis Chapman really under team control through 2020? That can't be correct, could it?
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLBTR Offseason Outlook: Cincinnati Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Interesting read. Is Aroldis Chapman really under team control through 2020? That can't be correct, could it?
    Cot's says the deal is through 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    That seems more reasonable.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Nope. Chapman's contract is through 2015 as signed, but, as soon as he's arb eligible (probably after 2013), the remaining salaries convert to a signing bonus and the Reds will have to go to Arb or resign him. If he stays in the big leagues, he'd be a free agent after the 2016 season. The 2020 comes from Chapman's deferred signing bonus which pays out at $1.5 Million in November of this year and next and then $1.25 Million each November through 2020.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Surely Walt could b?e so stupid as to ever consider Juan Pierre as a every day CF? If they're gonna consider a step back defensively, I'd much rather go with someone like DeJesus. Runners would have a field day on JP's noodle arm.

A deeper bench would be a good thing to have. Scott Hairston and Kelly Johnson strike me as a good fits.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?