Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Reds vs. Giants Saturday 10/6 NLDS Game 1

Re: Reds vs. Giants Saturday 10/6 NLDS Game 1

LOL, texas, I'm not sure that's entirely true, but it can be... exciting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Woooooooooo

So pumped!

Not many teams could lose their #1 guy and still win on the road in the playoffs. Shows a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    This is a freakin' stupendous win. Not because it's key to take at least 1 of 2 in this format (which it is). Not because any postseason win is a big deal (of course they all are).

It's stupendous because of HOW they won. With the exception of Votto (who is hurting), they all stepped up big time:

McClure
    BP
    Stubbs! Go figure. Earned his salary this game.
    Luddy -- wow!
    Bruuuuuce
    Latos, who so wanted in this game once Cueto got hurt, and delivered bigtime
    Dusty -- great moves; just reaffirms my already deep faith that 'dusty knows'
    Cozart
    Good Marshall
    Broxton--the immaculate 3-2 to the corner
    Chapman--held it together enough
    The O--anytime the Reds get 5 or more runs, I'm ecstatic. And in a pitcher's park.

LOVED this game. For reasons way beyond the delightful bottom line outcome. Most significant Reds win since 10/20/90 imho. Hopefully they'll exceed it at the end of this month.

Wish the Nats luck tomorrow afternoon. Need them to take out STL for us.

Can't wait until tomorrow. How awesome it'd be if they take both from SF. Will sleep well.
    Good post.

Irony. The Reds starters make every single scheduled start during the regular season. First game of the playoffs and Cueto, essentially, misses the start.

It does not matter if Cueto throws another pitch in the postseason, the Reds are gonna drink champagne at the end of October.

Magic Number is 10.

Brandon Phillips stepped up bigtime tonight. Nice to see. Brandon can get on a serious roll with the stick

The thought of having Mat Latos around for three more years (at least) is pretty sweet.

I have to admit I was a little bit worried when Buster Posey came to the plate in the ninth. That man can hit a baseball. I am sure Chapman had a case of the nerves. Seeing Posey swing and miss was awesome.
    Last edited by texasdave; 10-07-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Hey man, you called the Bruce homerun before the game!
    I kinda called it on Sept 7th

Turn Off Ads?