Turn Off Ads?

Thread: If you are a Louisville Bats fan, you have to see this!

If you are a Louisville Bats fan, you have to see this!

I know I might be the only person on this board who remebers and cares about the 2010 Louisville Bats comeback season, but this is worth posting in case anyone else does, because this video made my day when I found it! Bats Celebrate Division Title Win - YouTube

The last minute is clubhouse celebration, and Rick Sweet's speech (made me miss him a lot, he is so much better then Bell), I have never seen any of this before!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If you are a Louisville Bats fan, you have to see this!

Thanks for sharing. While I agree Sweet is better, I think Bell didn't have much to work with this season either, so its hard to say what we have in Bell long term.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Those were the days.

Howdy, boys. Sorry I haven't posted much at all this season.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Those were the days.

Howdy, boys. Sorry I haven't posted much at all this season.

I'm unable to watch as it says, 'disabled by request.' Did David Bell have this done?

Good to hear from you, wondered what had happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    I know I might be the only person on this board who remebers and cares about the 2010 Louisville Bats comeback season, but this is worth posting in case anyone else does, because this video made my day when I found it! Bats Celebrate Division Title Win - YouTube

The last minute is clubhouse celebration, and Rick Sweet's speech (made me miss him a lot, he is so much better then Bell), I have never seen any of this before!

Trust me, you're not the only one that cared about the 2010 Bats. That was a fun year.

Welcome back Goya!

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    I'm unable to watch as it says, 'disabled by request.' Did David Bell have this done?
    Try clicking the header on the top, that will take you to the youtube page!

When it comes to David Bell... I just don't know how long the reds can keep saying that this guy is a "good managing prospect" or whatever they call him when he has worked with pretty much the same group of players for the last few years, and they have just gotten worse and worse. The 2012 Bats were not a good team, but they should NOT have been this bad. It was a constant mix of veteran players and young players that Bell was familiar with. I honestly would not be shocked to see that if Rick Sweet had managed the exact same team, they would have won 10 more games. Bell seems like a guy players love, but, in reality, he is just not that good of a manager. Maybe I'm wrong. But Rick Sweet had a bad performing team in the first half of 2010 (with much more talent on paper though), and he turned them around. Here is a good quote (from http://www.indyweek.com/triangleoffe...-men-at-work):

And although Sweet acknowledged—and embraces—that that shepherding of green talent is precisely his job, he called 2010 "by far the most stressful year I've ever had." His team was nine games under .500 and 13 games out of first place in early July, when Louisville was playing its regular-season series at the DBAP). At that low point, he said, "I made a total turnaround of how I usually approach this level [Triple-A]. I told my coaching staff. I said, 'We're going back to [Class] A-ball. Simply treated [the players] like they were in A-ball, and if they were gonna play that way, I was gonna treat 'em that way. I refused to lose. They had to learn. The way we were playing"—and, Sweet added, behaving off the field—"was unacceptable."

I was also underwhelmed watching David Bell manage a few games here in Jax. Besides being absolutely old-school textbook, he seemed on a couple occasions to not be thinking ahead on certain pinch-hitting/substitution situations.

That's what I do not get the Walt love for this guy.....over Sweet especially.

-The Insider-

I am the only Bell fan here I guess. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I am the only Bell fan here I guess. Oh well.
    Well...you seem well connected. Kinda of a big deal around the Reds .... tell me more and let me know what I am missing.

batsfan,

watched the video and thanks for posting. saw several familiar faces in the clip...like old times.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Bell hasn't had talent since he became a Reds coach. Tough to judge him based on how his teams have performed.

-The Insider-

I just know I have encountered many managers throughout my time and I have never heard better reviews from players or personell as I have with him.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I just know I have encountered many managers throughout my time and I have never heard better reviews from players or personell[sic] as I have with him.
    Get used to people having no idea how to analyze baseball managers (not that I'm claiming to be an expert or criticizing anyone in this thread). People tend to judge managers based on their on-field decisions and don't consider all the other parts of a manager's job. Does Bell construct the best lineups, pick the best times to bunt, know the best ways to handle a bullpen, etc.? Maybe, maybe not. But if those are the only negative things his critics can say about him, he can still be a great MLB managing prospect.

Turn Off Ads?