Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1067

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

  1. #1006
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    406

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    it just makes me ill seeing the Giants dominate the Reds in GABP and look totally different in St. Louis against the Cards

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #1007
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Its just comical anymore. Beltran the best OPS in postseason history out with injury and the 3 RF who replace him drive in all 3 runs. Today Carpenter is 1-for-1 with a double and 2 walks and scored 2 runs the last one after the Giants blow the relay home with a bad throw home and an even worse catch and tag attempt by the catcher.

  4. #1008
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South of Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,215

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Of course Pagan doesn't catch that now.

    And the Cards tried to Mark Berry the runner at the plate, and the Giants can't even do that right.

    /puke
    Rounding third and heading for home...

  5. #1009
    Member foxfire123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hell, aka Eastern Missouri.
    Posts
    712

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Growl. Razzle Fazzle &^&%&^%^$

  6. #1010
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    it just makes me ill seeing the Giants dominate the Reds in GABP and look totally different in St. Louis against the Cards
    They have a magical park which is soon to have 3 WS teams since it opened 7 years ago. Nothing but bad things happen to visiting players who play there, the only way to beat the Cards at home is use a no-named pitcher and keep it close and win in the 8 or 9 with a HR so they have limited time to come back.

    Teams best players go there and can't hit, you can forget about getting hits with RISP and if you get on the guy is going to hold at 3rd, chances are the visiting teams will blow all simple plays and if you send a Ace there he's getting beat for sure.

  7. #1011
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    They have a magical park which is soon to have 3 WS teams since it opened 7 years ago. Nothing but bad things happen to visiting players who play there, the only way to beat the Cards at home is use a no-named pitcher and keep it close and win in the 8 or 9 with a HR so they have limited time to come back.

    Teams best players go there and can't hit, you can forget about getting hits with RISP and if you get on the guy is going to hold at 3rd, chances are the visiting teams will blow all simple plays and if you send a Ace there he's getting beat for sure.

    Hometown, I think you need to stop watching baseball. You have a problem, you are obsessive and watching the Cardinals win is only making it worse

  8. #1012
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Big Bear City, CA
    Posts
    560

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    It must be nice to get a two out hit and an RBI...of course by Molina.

  9. #1013
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Redmore123 View Post
    Hometown, I think you need to stop watching baseball. You have a problem, you are obsessive and watching the Cardinals win is only making it worse
    I wish I could stop watching baseball Its too predicable at this point, the best teams lose quick and the teams who fight to the last series tend to go on and win.

    I would be far more pissed if I didn't already know what was going to happen two months ago when I said if they won the 2nd WC they would likely go to the WS again since that's how they win when they have mediocre squads.

  10. #1014
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Big Bear City, CA
    Posts
    560

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    I wish I could stop watching baseball Its too predicable at this point, the best teams lose quick and the teams who fight to the last series tend to go on and win.

    I would be far more pissed if I didn't already know what was going to happen two months ago when I said if they won the 2nd WC they would likely go to the WS again since that's how they win when they have mediocre squads.
    Man for man they probably have the best lineup in the NL. Everyone can hit.
    You don't see them running someone out there hitting .215, where we were doing it often, with sometimes 2 or 3 in the batting order hitting .215 or less.

  11. #1015
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    it just makes me ill seeing the Giants dominate the Reds in GABP and look totally different in St. Louis against the Cards
    Cardinals are a much better team than the Reds

  12. #1016
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    I wish I could stop watching baseball Its too predicable at this point, the best teams lose quick and the teams who fight to the last series tend to go on and win.

    I would be far more pissed if I didn't already know what was going to happen two months ago when I said if they won the 2nd WC they would likely go to the WS again since that's how they win when they have mediocre squads.
    It's not soccer, every North American sport has some type of tournament. Whats the point of playoffs if you don't let the team who wins advance? I think you should take up European soccer if you want two teams competing past the regular season every year (which wouldnt have been the Reds this year). Had the Reds faced major injuries this year (Cueto, Votto, Phillips) and made the second spot I'm sure you wouldn't be so hamstrung over it.

    You have remarkable knowledge of the game, you can twist any stat for your arguments to get yourself all tied up, but for what? If you knew what was going to happen why are you still watching? Just turn it off unless you're one of those people that likes pain/being upset.

  13. #1017
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Man for man they probably have the best lineup in the NL. Everyone can hit.
    You don't see them running someone out there hitting .215, where we were doing it often, with sometimes 2 or 3 in the batting order hitting .215 or less.
    They have some guys playing way over their heads and have a middle infield of Descalso and Kozma. Molina had a .688 OPS in his career then jumps to .814 last year which was .065 better than his previous high then that jumped to .874 this year. They have a guy like Craig who his .400 with RISP and .273 in every other situation, Jay blows on the road but has a .430 BABIP at home Freese is a decent play but has a real high BABIP for a player as slow as he is. Beltran is still decent for his age and Matt Holliday is a legit star player.

    In a time when the MLB offense is going down the Cards are getting guys to spike offensively.

  14. #1018
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    147

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Great. Another Cardinals rout. Well, maybe can watch the Tigers have some birdie breakfast...

  15. #1019
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Redmore123 View Post
    Had the Reds faced major injuries this year (Cueto, Votto, Phillips) and made the second spot I'm sure you wouldn't be so hamstrung over it.
    No I pry to god the Reds never get the 2nd WC gimmick, playing 162 games is what separates the teams. Baseball was at its best before they even added the 1st WC team every since then the best teams rarely even make the WS let alone win it.

    The teams people get to know over the summer as good teams never making it is very bad for baseball its part of the reason why the WS TV ratings have been getting worse and worse over the last 6 or 7 years. The highest rated WS since 04 when teams tuned in to see the Red Sox the highest WS rating was 09 when the AL leader in wins played the NL's second best team. Other than that series they all have been the least viewed series ever.

  16. #1020
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    would like to see the Cardinals bash that overrated idiot Romo


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25