Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I have to admit that was a hell of a game, the Cards did what we couldn't do.

Now I have to root for the team that beat us, yay...
    We don't have any luck, they have all of if. We have great heath then get hurt in big time games, they get hurt all year and build massive depth due to everyone getting time in the majors and found 25 guys who click for what ever reason no matter they talent level.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Whatever works...that's all I'm saying. They're my least favorite team in baseball, but I can still appreciate their inability to die.
    I would agree with you if I thought inability to die was due to their own efforts. Give any set of MLB batters 4 or 5 strikes every AB, and many will impress.

I say we storm Bud Selig's office and tar and feather the old coot. It was his second wildcard BS that caused this... Just had to milk that TV contract for just a liiiiiitttttle more money didn't you Buddy boy.....

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Its the Cards in an elimination game so its never over until the final out is registered. Those guys are like monsters in movies every time you think they're dead the jump up and get you. Just hope this is the last scene and they can rise again next year for the sequel.
    Said this when it was 6-0 and will always hold true, no matter what scrub they call up or journeyman players they sign.

We don't have any luck, they have all of if. We have great heath then get hurt in big time games, they get hurt all year and build massive depth due to everyone getting time in the majors and found 25 guys who click for what ever reason no matter they talent level.
    Please don't stoop to their level. We lost, that's it. They won. Root for the Giants if you want but don't become a whiner. There's no crying in baseball.

We lost because our #1 got hurt in the playoffs

Im stunned......I was convinced the Cards lose this game....when it was 6-0 ....well, forget about it....just amazing they came back

Whats amazing is that only Cards fans think they are going to lose big games, every other fanbase knows better.

And to think, I left for my party sure that the Nats were going to win. I mean, up by 6 at home and they are the better team, how could they not? Come home and I see this crap that they came back. Baseball is a funny game.

Quote Originally Posted by WDE View Post
    And to think, I left for my party sure that the Nats were going to win. I mean, up by 6 at home and they are the better team, how could they not? Come home and I see this crap that they came back. Baseball is a funny game.
    The Cards won a WS with 83 and then with 90 wins this best team stuff is meaningless with them. If they win again they will have 3 of the 4 lowest win totals of the WC era. We won 97 and the Nats 98 and don't even sniff a NLCS.

I just can't stop LOLing at how Kozma was on the verge of getting released and would already been cut if he didn't get a big bonus. Now the dude is a postseason icon.

We all think Wilson Valdez blows he's a .236 hitter in the majors, this Kozma kid hit .236 in the MINOR LEAGUES despite playing in some big time hitters leagues!

The Cards won a WS with 83 and then with 90 wins this best team stuff is meaningless with them. If they win again they will have 3 of the 4 lowest win totals of the WC era. We won 97 and the Nats 98 and don't even sniff a NLCS.

And the Cardinals won 105 games in 2004 and 100 games in 2005 and 97 games in 2002 and 95 games in 2001. 7th NLCS appearance in 12 years. They are simply the best franchise in the National League. They have had serious injuries the past 2 years and have been healthy when it counted. What is scary is that they have one of the 3 best farm systems in MLB. Shelby Miller and Trevor Rosenthal are going to be scary good.

Quote Originally Posted by The King City View Post
    And the Cardinals won 105 games in 2004 and 100 games in 2005 and 97 games in 2002 and 95 games in 2001. 7th NLCS appearance in 12 years. They are simply the best franchise in the National League. They have had serious injuries the past 2 years and have been healthy when it counted. What is scary is that they have one of the 3 best farm systems in MLB. Shelby Miller and Trevor Rosenthal are going to be scary good.
    The Cards were amazing back in the day now they have amazing luck they have went to the NLCS with 88, 90 and 83 wins for their 3 in the last 7 years, they went to the NLCS the last year years despite being a combined 5 games out of the #1 WC spot and 15 out of the division.

The motto of its better to be lucky than good should be on their jerseys.

The Cards good prospect aren't going to pan out, only the mediocre guys workout for them and you can only have 25 guys on the roster at one time so either the hero are going to get forced out or they are going to dry up in the minors or get traded.

The Cardinals have lost the games best manger, the best player of the last 10 years to FA, lost their HOF worthy pitching coach, got 81 AB from Berkman, lost their All-Star SS to injury DFAed the guy they wanted to play second this year, have got nothing from Matt Holliday since July and also had Chris Carpenter have what was called season ending surgery.

Now they have Chris Carpenter starting in game one of the NLCS, what a dumb random game with a long meaningless season.

Baseball is a funny game, one day you're on top of the world and you blow it. Sometimes you lose a key player and go on a tear...

I just hope Pagan, Sandoval, and Posey put as much hurt on the Cards as they did the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?