Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

The trend this year is that the Cardinals have a game like this, then forget which end of the bat to hold...

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Nats are probably rethinking shutting down Strasburg right about now.

Cards shelled Jackson like this last time they faced off too. Carpenter, love him or hate him, buttons down and grinds out a good start in big games. It'll be a fun game Wednesday.

Wasn't able to be online for this one. Awful game if you follow the Nats as I do. The team has great pitching all around and bats up and down the order who can hit for power and OBP. Very good D at most positions (exceptions for Zim at 3rd this year and Morse in left).

But, you'd never have known any of that from the game today. They stunk up the place in nearly every category. Harper getting tagged going for 3rd when Holliday muffed the throw in from left was the perfect example of the entire game.

Ray Knight just called it "a little sloppy" on the Nats Xtra show just now on the local network. A little? Davey talking about JZim making some "youthful mistakes" and how he "didn't make adjustments." Professes big confidence in Jackson for Wednesday but, of course, he'd always say that.

One note after reading through the discussion you guys had. Strasburg. Have to remember he was tailing off in his last few starts and that's why he was shut down a start earlier than expected. 5.0 ERA for September in 2 starts. Wasn't locating as well. Did have one good outing against the Cards in DC earlier in the year. 6 innings, 2 hits, no runs. But tough to extrapolate much from that. Strasburg's tailing off was very similar to what happened with Tommy John recovering JZim last year. More of the reason why he was shut down when he was. Gio, Zim and Det have all pitched great this year. Just not doing it (yet) this series.

Have to put this in the rear view mirror and play Wednesday the way they did to get 98 wins. Will be at that game and game four. Hopefully they play better at home.

Sheesh. The Nats were worse today than last night's Giants! And, of course, the Cards' bats really showed up so credit there (as much as I hate to give it ).
    Last edited by 1940757690; 10-08-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Caught up on game posts upthread
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Reports are that Garcia was pulled due to pain in the left shoulder. MRI tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Magdal is the biggest Cards homer I've ever seen.
    You got me mixed up with that ChampsX10 guy. I happen to be the biggest Pujols, McGwire, LaRussa, Ankiel, Rasmus and now Matheny/Holliday bashers around. A homer? That's totally incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    You got me mixed up with that ChampsX10 guy. I happen to be the biggest Pujols, McGwire, LaRussa, Ankiel, Rasmus and now Matheny/Holliday bashers around. A homer? That's totally incorrect.
    Well you do think that Kozma is a good hitter now based on 72 AB this year rather than the 2429 AB in the minors that saw him hit .236, it takes a big homer to say that because I would put money on Pete himself admitting he isn't going to keep that level of play up.

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Reports are that Garcia was pulled due to pain in the left shoulder. MRI tomorrow.
    Interesting he seemed shocked and upset when they PH for him.

Interesting he seemed shocked and upset when they PH for him.
    Agreed. Didn't seem believable when he was talking about it on Fox Sports Midwest.

Anyone see the dance around at homeplate by Suzuki after the 3rd base coach waved him in? Amazing he was safe. Replay shows he was.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Well you do think that Kozma is a good hitter now based on 72 AB this year rather than the 2429 AB in the minors that saw him hit .236, it takes a big homer to say that because I would put money on Pete himself admitting he isn't going to keep that level of play up.
    You must have missed my reply yesterday where I said he was hitting like that because there was no 'book' on him yet. Of course he will not keep hitting like he is now! (he seems to be cooling off right now)

Marty B. will be on MLB Network radio XM 89 around 11am est. this morning.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Anyone see the dance around at homeplate by Suzuki after the 3rd base coach waved him in? Amazing he was safe. Replay shows he was.
    I did. Laughed out loud and I do not like the Yankees.

One of the more entertaining highlights in the postseason so far. Has to make you laugh a bit. But totally legitimate. Don't care so much about the O's and not a fan of the Yankees but had it on in the background and happened to catch the play. Good for the O's to take it--big underdogs obviously. Hard to imagine they'd be able to take 2 of 3 in NY but we'll see.

Here's a link to the Ichiro play at home. Click on the "video" tab and then you can select the highlight at right. Totally worthwhile if you missed it.

http://tinyurl.com/8mnnbvv
    Last edited by 1940757690; 10-09-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: forgot to include link
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    I did. Laughed out loud and I do not like the Yankees.

One of the more entertaining highlights in the postseason so far. Has to make you laugh a bit. But totally legitimate. Don't care so much about the O's and not a fan of the Yankees but had it on in the background and happened to catch the play. Good for the O's to take it--big underdogs obviously. Hard to imagine they'd be able to take 2 of 3 in NY but we'll see.

Here's a link to the Ichiro play at home. Click on the "video" tab and then you can select the highlight at right. Totally worthwhile if you missed it.

http://tinyurl.com/8mnnbvv
    Why was that totally legitimate? Just curious. If you did that running down the baseline or at any other base you would be called out. He was clearly out of any sort of baseline. So why is it legal at home?

7.08 Any runner is out when—

(a) (1) He runs more than three feet away from his baseline to avoid being tagged unless his action is to avoid interference with a fielder fielding a batted ball.
    PS Was that Mark Berry coaching third for the Yankees? That throw beat Ichiro to the plate by a ridiculous margin.
    Last edited by texasdave; 10-09-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Why was that totally legitimate? Just curious. If you did that running down the baseline or at any other base you would be called out. He was clearly out of any sort of baseline. So why is it legal at home?

PS Was that Mark Berry coaching third for the Yankees? That throw beat Ichiro to the plate by a ridiculous margin.
    Is there any provision for it being at the plate as opposed to a base? I wondered this watching it live yesterday....

Turn Off Ads?