Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

With Mojica K'ing the side you would think MM would bring him back out in the 8th...yes? I bet he benches him for Boggs, who has been less than effective lately.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    He was drafted as a SS out of college, converted to 3b and then OF because of Pujols. He's not a great defender by any means, but he's some lumbering oaf either. Pretty standard first baseman.
    Where guys play as kids has nothing to do where where they play as men and they get bigger, most players spent time up the middle at some point in their lives. He was moved to 3B because he couldn't play SS, he moved to the OF because he couldn't play 3B and he plays 1st because they have an opening and they want his bat in there.

Source?
    Allen Craig himself
    Last edited by HometownHero; 10-14-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    With Mojica K'ing the side you would think MM would bring him back out in the 8th...yes? I bet he benches him for Boggs, who has been less than effective lately.
    Boggs hasn't allowed an earned run this postseason and there's no reason to stretch Mujica into multiple innings this early in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    I look at the play on the field
    You mean you just want to believe whatever makes you think your team isn't lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Where guys play as kids has nothing to do where where they play as men and they get bigger, most players spent time up the middle at some point in their lives. He was moved to 3B because he couldn't play SS, he moved to the OF because he was passed on the depth chart by David Freese and he plays 1st because they have an opening and they want his bat in there.
    Fixed that for you.

Allen Craig himself
    Surely in this day and age you could find a link to Craig saying that.

You mean you just want to believe whatever makes you think your team isn't lucky?
    The homeruns by Freese and Beltran. Luck.

Boy Phillips sure is lucky he's fas or he wouldn't be in the majors.

Fixed that for you.

I agree. Now you're making stuff up, Hometown.

Where do they have the pregame show online, he's said it himself and he knows he's there to hit.

Where do they have the pregame show online, he's said it himself and he knows he's there to hit.
    Didn't happen.

Didn't happen.
    Actually it did

Of course he knows he's there to hit. He's a 1B or corner OF. They're all there for their bats.

And no, your story of him saying that simply is not true.

Actually it did
    Nope. Source or you made it up...which wouldn't surprise me since you stretch so far to discredit any Cardinals player.

Nope. Source or you made it up...which wouldn't surprise me since you stretch so far to discredit any Cardinals player.
    The guy himself is my score, if don't love the Cards like you so I don't save every video of they the say. The defensive numbers is all I need to discredit his glove work he's one of the worst 1B in the majors this year.

The guy himself is my score, if don't love the Cards like you so I don't save every video of they the say. The defensive numbers is all I need to discredit his glove work he's one of the worst 1B in the majors this year.
    No videos saved here. But when I make a claim such as that, I back it up.

You made it up. Plain and simple.

His defensive numbers aren't from an adequate sample size. That's defensive stats 101 man.

Turn Off Ads?