Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Here's a funny stat. You called me a loser...

Hometown signed up for this site 7/2012 and has almost 1400 posts. I have almost 200 since 8/2010.

Who's the loser now? Your life is an internet message board. Isn't it time for your mommy to go tuck you in?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Road teams now 16-9 .640 in the playoffs after going .467 in the regular season this year, Teams with the worst overall record making the playoffs now have the same record as the teams with the best overall records in the playoff now in the 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Here's a funny stat. You called me a loser...

Hometown signed up for this site 7/2012 and has almost 1400 posts. I have almost 200 since 8/2010.

Who's the loser now? Your life is an internet message board. Isn't it time for your mommy to go tuck you in?
    You should have zero since you aren't even a reds fan.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Bruce Bochy's slow hook of Madison Bumgarner hands Cards game one. 6 ER and 8 hits in 3.2 Giants pen work 5.1 hitless.
    Once again, the Cards victory was due to the opposing teams manager messing up...had nothing to do with the Cards hitting.

You should have zero since you aren't even a reds fan.
    I like various reds players. I respect Baker. That's enough for me.

Once again, the Cards victory was due to the opposing teams manager messing up...had nothing to do with the Cards hitting.
    Yes everyone has been hitting Bumgarner, final 7 starts of the season 5.89. NLDS 8.31 and wow magic he sucked again.

Carpenter will get in someplace 1st is a safe bet since he's played the most there, move Craig to left and DH Holliday.
    Craig has started all but 4 games at 1B since August. The 4 he didn't was when Berkman was trying to come back.

Carpenter has 300 professional innings total at 1B.

If Carpenter plays 1st it will be due to a late inning switch, but he won't be starting there.

I like various reds players. I respect Baker. That's enough for me.
    I liked Pujols and Ludwick and never posted on a Cards board in 10 years Albert was there.

Yes everyone has been hitting Bumgarner, final 7 starts of the season 5.89. NLDS 8.31 and wow magic he sucked again.
    My point, it was something the opposition did wrong, nothing the Cardinals did right. But they never do anything right, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Craig has started all but 4 games at 1B since August. The 4 he didn't was when Berkman was trying to come back.

Carpenter has 300 professional innings total at 1B.

If Carpenter plays 1st it will be due to a late inning switch, but he won't be starting there.
    That stat is wrong, but how many DH have they used in that time.

Just getting tired of you reading you spout random whiny nonsense and constantly misuse stats.

And really, the dude never said that. He may have said that he's always working on his defense, or is still learning his way around the bag, but he definitely never labeled himself a poor defender at 1st. That's just a lie.
    Actually, you are also misusing fielding stats. They are very accurate over any time frame in telling us how good a player was defensively. What they are not good over a short time frame is telling us what that players overall skill level is.

So you both are kinda right and kinda wrong. Craig has not been a good fielder this season. However, we do need at least another full season to get an understanding of his true skill level as a defender.

My point, it was something the opposition did wrong, nothing the Cardinals did right. But they never do anything right, do they?
    They hit a guy who has blown for 2 months, nice work, They got zero hits in 5.1 vs the other guys. If Bruce had a short hook like he should have had for a guy not getting it down the Giant's may have won.

Quote Originally Posted by JayStubbs View Post
    Actually, you are also misusing fielding stats. They are very accurate over any time frame in telling us how good a player was defensively. What they are not good over a short time frame is telling us what that players overall skill level is.

So you both are kinda right and kinda wrong. Craig has not been a good fielder this season. However, we do need at least another full season to get an understanding of his true skill level as a defender.
    Last page...

It's actually Baseball Info Solutions that compile the video data.

His -3 DRS does not mean he's a poor defender. It means that in 2012 he had a -3 DRS. One season simply is not enough data to draw any conclusion on a players overall defensive ability.

If you're gonna throw the stats around, know how to use them correctly.

They do know how to do one thing right

Quote Originally Posted by JayStubbs View Post
    They do know how to do one thing right

Dusty Baker.

Turn Off Ads?