Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Or Pagan stays hot and gets a 2 RBI hit.
    But Pagan isn't hot as he's hitting .226 in the playoffs at the time and hit .182 the last 10 games.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Too bad he didn't let Cain do that last time

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Too bad he didn't let Cain do that last time
    This is true. Assuming he would have done that.

This is true. Assuming he would have done that.
    I would take my chances when the only draw back is having the top of the order start the next inning.

Giants 0-for-5 with RISP while the Cards are 1-for-1

And you would have possibly made the right call. That's why baseball is such a great game. Playing the numbers is great...until it's not. Going by gut is great...until it's not. The ability to gel both approaches is what seperates the men from the boys.

Cubs fan's seen this act before from NSBB

Beltran just pulled up lame. In theory this is bad news for the Cardinals.

In theory.
    And the guy who replaces Beltran hits a two-run homer.

You can't make this stuff up.
    Replaced by Carpenter. Carpenter promptly hits a 2 run homer. :?
    Carlos Beltran gets hurt? Matt Carpenter steps in and hits a 2 run homer. Why the [expletive] not?
    The Cardinals could sign Mark from Kirkwood, MO and he would go 2-4 in a playoff game for them.
    you could tell me it was chris carpenter who replaced beltran and hit a 2 run homer and i wouldn't question it.
    Matt Carpenter, Pete Kozma, Daniel Descalso, Allen Craig. These are the guys leading the charge for the Cardinals in the 2012 playoffs. UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE

My buddy and I used to say "Unbelievable" whenever we hit a really bad golf shot. Then we noticed that we were saying it A LOT. Now we use the more accurate term of "Typical"

And you would have possibly made the right call. That's why baseball is such a great game. Playing the numbers is great...until it's not. Going by gut is great...until it's not. The ability to gel both approaches is what seperates the men from the boys.
    Its not even playing the numbers its a simple pros vs cons, the worst thing that could happen isn't even all that bad in the big picture. And then when you factor in the numbers it should make it a easy move, also Cain has never hit into a DP in the majors.

Edward Mujica deflects a ball heading into CF for a 1-4-3 ground out, Sandoval hits a rope that short hops the wall and bounces right back to the LFer to hold Panda to a single and then Posey singles.

Bounces going the other way its 3-2 Giants, but now they have to get another hit to score just to tie.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 10-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Its not even playing the numbers its a simple pros vs cons, the worst thing that could happen isn't even all that bad in the big picture. And then when you factor in the numbers it should make it a easy move, also Cain has never hit into a DP in the majors.
    Another great thing about you numbers guys is that you can always find more stats to support your conclusion. No disrespect, but I have to give Bruce the nod here. He does have a ring.

Wow two balls just asking to get roped Hunter Pence can't hit with RISP and then goes fishing on a good pitch.

Another great thing about you numbers guys is that you can always find more stats to support your conclusion. No disrespect, but I have to give Bruce the nod here. He does have a ring.
    He didn't win a ring by bunting

Giants now 0-for-7 with RISP, the Cards still 1-for-1 the only runner they had reach second other than the HR was a error on a pick off.

Giants now 0-for-7 with RISP, the Cards still 1-for-1 the only runner they had reach second other than the HR was a error on a pick off.
    This sounds familiar. I'm beginning to think it's something I did.

Turn Off Ads?