Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Don't know which team I would rather meet in the NLCS. the Nats would be tough...although we owe them some revenge after April/May. Eliminating the Cardinals would be soooo good though. Losing out to them would crush me though. Either way, I think the Reds have a legit shot. Still have to get through the Giants though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Huh? I thought you were a Nationals fan?
    He also made a comment that he "also follows the Nats".

Odd view. It's a public forum. Plenty of Card fans lurk around here. But there's no baiting or trolling.

I don't know about you, but I like sitting next to an opposing fan when at a game. (unless it's a Philly fan)
    I was kidding with the view. With you though on sitting next to an opposing fan. Though disagree on the PHL fans. They're the best. Why?

Since 2005, the PHL fans would take train and cars down here to DC--to RFK and then Nationals Park--and pack the stadium. Much the same as the Cubs fans try to do at GABP. Or the Red Sox and Yankees fans in Baltimore. Tons of 'em. Really obnoxious.

This year--total role reversal. More Nats fans in Citizens Park in PHL. And here in DC, way fewer Phillies fans. PHL is in decline. WAS and ATL will dominate the East for the next 5 or more years. I had two Phils fans in front of me just above the visitors' dugout last week when the Nats clinched the East. They'd been cheering loudly every ball thrown by a Nats pitcher and the few meaningless hits by Phils hitters. As the Nats sealed that deal, depriving the Phillies of a winning season in the process, the two snuck out as the 9th began. Fully outfitted in Phils jerseys and caps and they disappeared. Then all the Nats players spent a good 30-45 minutes throwing t-shirts, balls and caps up into the crowd. Was a great moment. And Philly made it all possible.
    Last edited by 1940757690; 10-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Don't know which team I would rather meet in the NLCS. the Nats would be tough...although we owe them some revenge after April/May. Eliminating the Cardinals would be soooo good though. Losing out to them would crush me though. Either way, I think the Reds have a legit shot. Still have to get through the Giants though.
    Way too hedged. The Reds have more than "a legit shot." Check my "Look Out Below" post (link upthread). If you can stay awake reading it (comment about my writing, not your energy level) I think tonight's really key beyond the obvious.

Like Holliday and Beltran, Joey and Luddy are going HAVE to start hitting to make it to the WS I believe.

Like Holliday and Beltran, Joey and Luddy are going HAVE to start hitting to make it to the WS I believe.
    I think we can get to WS with just one of the two really delivering. Better if both but still doable if not I think. I'm guessing Votto gets a couple of key hits along the way. The power stroke is what's missing.

Final note for this thread re Nats. Watch tomorrow. Jordan Zimmerman is the unsung hero of the Nats' rotation. Great pitcher who got no run support first half of year and not as well covered as Strasburg and Gio. Real deal.

After the Nats grabbed a 1-0 lead, Ryan Zimmerman couldn't hold on to a hard ball hit right at him to start the second and it woke up the Cardinals offense and they have 4 hits in a row. Not having Stephen Strasburg is going to cost them.

Cardinals end up getting 4 to take a 4-1 lead but Matheny has PH for Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Cardinals end up getting 4 to take a 4-1 lead but Matheny has PH for Garcia
    Garcia is out, can the Cards do what the Reds did a few days ago? I hope not!

Zimmermann gives up a HR to make it 5-1 in the 3rd.

Not having Strasburg is totally going to haunt them since he could started this game rather than having Zimmermann on the road who the Cardinals rocked for a 9.90 ERA, 1.80 WHIP and .349 BAA in two starts since start of September.

The Cardinals have the pitching advantage in the next two games so the Nats could find themselves in a bad spot quick unless they final a way to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    Garcia is out, can the Cards do what the Reds did a few days ago? I hope not!
    Will be hard down 4 and the fact that the Cardinals never hardly give up hits with RISP at home.

Even if the series goes 1-1, the Cards will need to win 2 out of 3 at Washington. That's gonna be hard to do.

Craig Stammen comes in and gives up a HR to make it 6-1 not a fan of seeing their offense wake up this time of the year.

Descalso's shot looked to be in the same spot where Werth pulled it back yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajinous View Post
    Even if the series goes 1-1, the Cards will need to win 2 out of 3 at Washington. That's gonna be hard to do.
    They do have issues on the road but I would like my chances with Chris Carpenter and Kyle Lohse vs the Nats #4 and #5 with no Strasburg before Gio comes back for a game 5 against Adam Wainwright.

Turn Off Ads?