Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Yes to more its missed by the more inexcusable it is, no MLB ump should ever miss a call that bad.
    To me it doesn't matter, a missed call is a missed call. As a fan you hate them, but if you look back on it you realize it wasn't on purpose, especially with this guy. You could tell after the missed call during the perfect game that he was emotional and felt really bad for Galarraga. Thats my opinion...you have yours....we will get over it, but in the mean time......LETS GO REDS!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    To me it doesn't matter, a missed call is a missed call. As a fan you hate them, but if you look back on it you realize it wasn't on purpose, especially with this guy. You could tell after the missed call during the perfect game that he was emotional and felt really bad for Galarraga. Thats my opinion...you have yours....we will get over it, but in the mean time......LETS GO REDS!!!!
    If its a bang-bang play or a play where something wild happens that puts a ump out of position I can live with it but when they are missed that badly the ump needs to lose his spot in the playoffs.

Something is wrong with your eyes or judgment if you miss a call that bad while in perfect position.

You know its bad for the Nats when Chris Carpenter is 2-for-2 needing a Werth sliding stop keeping him from 2 doubles.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

You know its bad for the Nats when Chris Carpenter is 2-for-2 needing a Werth sliding stop keeping him from 2 doubles.
    I know right...I actually want the Reds to be the team that puts the Cards out. Almost all my family are Cards fans...I think I'm the only logical one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I know right...I actually want the Reds to be the team that puts the Cards out. Almost all my family are Cards fans...I think I'm the only logical one!!!
    Hate our chances without Johnny Cueto, they own all out pitchers as it is so at least Cueto had the stuff to beat them.

Best power bat up with sacks packed and down by 4

Michael Morse chokes and the Nats now 3-for-23 with RISP for a .130 BA in the series.

This one is over. The Nats had a great shot last inning then open the next half with a HBP of Molina and a Freese double off the RF wall to set up more runs and push it past one swing can tie it territory.

This one is over. The Nats had a great shot last inning then open the next half with a HBP of Molina and a Freese double off the RF wall to set up more runs and push it past one swing can tie it territory.
    I'm wondering if Freese is going into that weird post season phaze where he's locked in like a vice?

Carp should be pulled ...he's gassed.

Ian Desmond is 7-for-11 but has no RBI and 2 runs in the series, too bad he wasn't up in the order a spot or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I'm wondering if Freese is going into that weird post season phaze where he's locked in like a vice?

Carp should be pulled ...he's gassed.
    Dude you root for the Cardinals you know damn well he's going to get locked in, if not someone else will.

Dude you root for the Cardinals you know damn well he's going to get locked in, if not someone else will.
    Not really...I don't think he has made it to the 7th inning this season, and his strikeout rate is WAY down....he's getting old, his salad days are over. You won't see him pitching any more complete game shutouts. With any luck the Nats would have some runs on him this game.

But you are right about the relief guy.

Nats now 3-for-24 with RISP down to .125

Davey Johnson issues an intentional walk to set up the DP but in doing so it loads the bases, the next batter walks to bring home the 6th run.

Davey Johnson??? Walk to GET to Molina??!!!

Turn Off Ads?