Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Now the Cards are getting diving plays from bad defenders to take away hits.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Now the Cards are getting diving plays from bad defenders to take away hits.
    C'mon Homey! You know not whereof you speak....Craig is an EXELLENT fielding 1st baseman. He makes plays like that ALL the time. He's better than Pujols who never once ever made a stretch for a ball!

I hope that broke your foot Holliday!

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    C'mon Homey! You know not whereof you speak....Craig is an EXELLENT fielding 1st baseman. He makes plays like that ALL the time. He's better than Pujols who never once ever made a stretch for a ball!
    No Craig is a bad 1B and to say he's better than Pujols is the joke of the year. This year Craig was a -3 runs saved at 1st and a -3.4 UZR/150. Pujols was a +8 this year and a +134 in his career with a career high of +31 RS in a season at 1st and a +7.3 UZR/150 this year.

The only reason Craig is at 1st is because that the opening due to Berkman, he's a DH finding a spot in the NL.

I don't have a clue what those stats mean. Is there a stat for how many bad throws Craig picks? He's one of the best I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I don't have a clue what those stats mean. Is there a stat for how many bad throws Craig picks? He's one of the best I've ever seen.
    Everything is taken into the defensive Run save stat, and Craig was a -3 in less than 800 innings, only 5 guys who have played 700 innings at 1st was worse and 3 of those guys played 400+ more innings so at the rate only Paul Konerko and Corey Hart were worse one is old and the other is a outfielder moving to 1st in season.

You like Craig but in real life he's a subpar MLB defensive 1B. You say you're not a homer but thinking he is a good defender is a big time homer statement and then saying that he's better than Pujols is off the charts crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Everything is taken into the defensive Run save stat, and Craig was a -3 in less than 800 innings, only 5 guys who have played 700 innings at 1st was worse and 3 of those guys played 400+ more innings so at the rate only Paul Konerko and Corey Hart were worse one is old and the other is a outfielder moving to 1st in season.

You like Craig but in real life he's a subpar MLB defensive 1B. You say you're not a homer but thinking he is a good defender is a big time homer statement and then saying that he's better than Pujols is off the charts crazy.
    I wouldn't say Craig isbad but better than Pujols? That'd be like saying Molina would beat out Stubbs in a foot race.

Was at the game today. Just back watching the Reds/Giants now.

Ever go see a game of a team you follow closely and feel like the team you saw had the same uniforms and names but had to have been different players? That was me today on a gorgeous afternoon for the first postseason game in Washington in 79 years.

Pitching totally ineffective from the 1st inning and always shaky EJax through the normally strong middle relievers. Bats were non-existent throughout the game with the only exceptions Ian Desmond and Ryan Zimmerman.

It'd be hard to imagine a very different result tomorrow. I'll be there. Except that this team did have the best win/loss record in baseball. It's pitching staff did lead the league in several categories. I've seen them put up 5+ runs on virtually all the teams in the NL throughout the year. So know they can do it. But, for whatever sets of reasons, they ain't doing it.

Of course, the Cards deserve credit too. Particularly Carpenter who, by all accounts seems back. And the lighter hitting Kozma, who ended today's game early. Freese, Beltran and the rest. This is a potent team now. Worried about a Cincinnati/St Louis LCS but first things first.

On Nats, tomorrow always another day. Luckily there still is a tomorrow. Hope they do something with it.

Back to my regular viewing station...er thread...can we close out the Giants today so I can redeem some portion of today? Please?
    Last edited by 1940757690; 10-10-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Raul Ibanez...wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Raul Ibanez...wow.
    A legend is born.

A's working some magic off Jose Valverde, down 2 and they get 3 hits in a row with the last two XBH to tie things up 3-3.

Wow they had runner at 2nd and no outs and didn't bunt him over to third.

If we needed some inspiration, the A's are it. They won!
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Unreal

Coco came up big with two outs, looked like they were going to blow that shot.

Turn Off Ads?