Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 1067

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

  1. #676
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Nothing worse than when bad defenders make plays, could have been 1st and 3rd with no outs there.
    Say it how you want....but they are still MLB players adequate enough to be manning the position. I'm 38 and 30 lbs overweight....but might've made that play from his positioning. Me making it would be a little lucky....Craig making it was just a pretty good play guys on tv make.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #677
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Statistically he's one of the worst 1B in the majors, he makes the play maybe 2 out of 10 times so getting one of them that spot was a blessing when guys like Adrian Gonzalez don't come up with it on the regular.

  4. #678
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Say it how you want....but they are still MLB players adequate enough to be manning the position. I'm 38 and 30 lbs overweight....but might've made that play from his positioning. Me making it would be a little lucky....Craig making it was just a pretty good play guys on tv make.
    Hometown refuses to give credit to any Cardinal. The Cardinals could sweep this series, only give up these runs and he would still say they're lucky and bad defenders and horrible hitters. I used to respect his opinion but quickly realized he's a joke. He is incapable of tipping his cap.

  5. #679
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Statistically he's one of the worst 1B in the majors, he makes the play maybe 2 out of 10 times so getting one of them that spot was a blessing when guys like Adrian Gonzalez don't come up with it on the regular.
    He wasn't fully extended at all and you have to be blinded to think he gets that 2/10 times. How many times does Adam Dunn make that play?

  6. #680
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    Hometown refuses to give credit to any Cardinal. The Cardinals could sweep this series, only give up these runs and he would still say they're lucky and bad defenders and horrible hitters. I used to respect his opinion but quickly realized he's a joke. He is incapable of tipping his cap.
    Only Corey Hart who has played OF his whole career in the majors and Paul Konerko who is old were worse defensible this year at 1st. I could care less if you respect me dude, I think you're a loser for posting on a rival's board only punk kids or middle aged men who have no lives stoop that low for attention.

  7. #681
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Only Corey Hart who has played OF his whole career in the majors and Paul Konerko who is old were worse defensible this year at 1st. I could care less if you respect me dude, I think you're a loser for posting on a rival's board only punk kids or middle aged men who have no lives stoop that low for attention.
    And I think you're a complete tool for quoting meaningless stats over and over again.

    It's a sad existence when you are incapable of saying "that team on the other side played well.". All you can do is spout off about luck and meaningless stats.

  8. #682
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    387

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Statistically he's one of the worst 1B in the majors, he makes the play maybe 2 out of 10 times so getting one of them that spot was a blessing when guys like Adrian Gonzalez don't come up with it on the regular.
    Statistically, he hasn't logged even close to the amount playing time at 1B for any data to have significance.

  9. #683
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    He wasn't fully extended at all and you have to be blinded to think he gets that 2/10 times. How many times does Adam Dunn make that play?
    Less than Craig but they both are DH, just one has to play the field since he plays in the NL. He was a -3 run saved this year in lust under 775 innings, with guys with that many innings only 5 guys had worse - runs saves 3 of those players had 2 or less more than Craig while playing over 33% more innings. So Just Hart -5 in 849.1 and Konerko -11 in 886.0 had worse.

  10. #684
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    And I think you're a complete tool for quoting meaningless stats over and over again.
    Only stats that are meaningless are ones you don't like apparently.

  11. #685
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Statistically, he hasn't logged even close to the amount playing time at 1B for any data to have significance.
    He's a DH playing in the NL, he has said he's a poor defender himself.

  12. #686
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Only stats that are meaningless are ones you don't like apparently.
    I look at the play on the field, not some stupid stats that mean jack squat in the postseason.

    You throw out stats as to why something shouldn't have happened, but it did. You then refuse to give credit for good play because you feel it was all luck. Using your logic, there are no good performances, just luck.

    Boy those Giants sure are lucky their bats accidentally hit the ball. Luck...

  13. #687
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    387

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    He's a DH playing in the NL,
    He was drafted as a SS out of college, converted to 3b and then OF because of Pujols. He's not a great defender by any means, but he's some lumbering oaf either. Pretty standard first baseman.
    he has said he's a poor defender himself.
    Source?

  14. #688
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,082
    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Less than Craig but they both are DH, just one has to play the field since he plays in the NL. He was a -3 run saved this year in lust under 775 innings, with guys with that many innings only 5 guys had worse - runs saves 3 of those players had 2 or less more than Craig while playing over 33% more innings. So Just Hart -5 in 849.1 and Konerko -11 in 886.0 had worse.
    Dunn went 45 games at 1B this year and over 350 chances before his first error.

    Craig making that play just can't be that bothersome.....it wasn't that great of a play. Now if he's fully extended in air snagging a bad-hop it another thing....but that was as about as routine as a diving play you can make.

  15. #689
    Member Magdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tn.
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Still a ballgame going on fellas....getting to crunch time.

  16. #690
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    218

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Dunn went 45 games at 1B this year and over 350 chances before his first error.

    Craig making that play just can't be that bothersome.....it wasn't that great of a play. Now if he's fully extended in air snagging a bad-hop it another thing....but that was as about as routine as a diving play you can make.
    According to Hometown, Every play ever made by any Cardinals player is lucky and should never have been made. Pure luck. No athletic ability at all.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25