Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 1067

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

  1. #706
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    There are no stats for any Cardinal player. Only luck.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #707
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Of course he knows he's there to hit. He's a 1B or corner OF. They're all there for their bats.

    And no, your story of him saying that simply is not true.
    Are you a Cards fan or just a jackass?

    He's a corner OF/1B because they play in the NL if they go to the WS he will be DH unless they put Holliday or Beltran there but very slim shot he plays 1B regardless.

    The dude said it, if they had every story and pregame show online I would get it for you but they don't. I could care less if you think he did or not but I know for a fact he did because I heard him say it himself. And if that wasn't enough his scouting reports and defensive metrics support he's a poor defender.

  4. #708
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    His defensive numbers aren't from an adequate sample size. That's defensive stats 101 man.
    He played around 2/3 of what everyone else has. And Defensive run saved shows how many balls he isn't getting regardless of time and he was a -3 run saved and for the innings he played only 2 guys had a worse ratio.

  5. #709
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    There are no stats for any Cardinal player. Only luck.
    No the stats show he blows.

  6. #710
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    No the stats show he blows.
    Your stats mean nothing.

  7. #711
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    371

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    He played around 2/3 of what everyone else has. And Defensive run saved shows how many balls he isn't getting regardless of time and he was a -3 run saved and for the innings he played only 2 guys had a worse ratio.
    Even 1 full year of DRS or UZR is inconclusive data to draw conclusions about a players defensive skill. If you're going to pretend to know the stats, you need to actually know them.

  8. #712
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Even 1 full year of DRS or UZR is inconclusive data to draw conclusions about a players defensive skill. If you're going to pretend to know the stats, you need to actually know them.
    Oooh snap. He is pretending because he doesn't know anything so he hides behind pointless numbers he made up...along with that bogus Craig interview.

  9. #713
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    371

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Are you a Cards fan or just a jackass?

    He's a corner OF/1B because they play in the NL if they go to the WS he will be DH unless they put Holliday or Beltran there but very slim shot he plays 1B regardless.

    The dude said it, if they had every story and pregame show online I would get it for you but they don't. I could care less if you think he did or not but I know for a fact he did because I heard him say it himself. And if that wasn't enough his scouting reports and defensive metrics support he's a poor defender.
    Just getting tired of you reading you spout random whiny nonsense and constantly misuse stats.

    And really, the dude never said that. He may have said that he's always working on his defense, or is still learning his way around the bag, but he definitely never labeled himself a poor defender at 1st. That's just a lie.

  10. #714
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    No videos saved here. But when I make a claim such as that, I back it up.

    You made it up. Plain and simple.
    Whatever you need to think he doesn't suck with the glove bro, but the fact still remains he said it and indeed sucks with the glove.

  11. #715
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Even 1 full year of DRS or UZR is inconclusive data to draw conclusions about a players defensive skill. If you're going to pretend to know the stats, you need to actually know them.
    Fielding Bible uses video on every play he's a -3 you don't have to like it but he's a bad defender.

  12. #716
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Whatever you need to think he doesn't suck with the glove bro, but the fact still remains he said it and indeed sucks with the glove.
    Bro? I knew it! You're Bryce Harper!

  13. #717
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,721
    It wasn't that great of play....mlb players make that play most every time...minor league players make that play more than 1/2 the time....i would expect my high school 1b to make that play 1/2 the time.

  14. #718
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Jay sure was lucky

  15. #719
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,721
    Jay with a nice play. He and Coco are the two best CF at going back on line drives nearing in on the wall and up against.

  16. #720
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    371

    Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Fielding Bible uses video on every play he's a -3 you don't have to like it but he's a bad defender.
    It's actually Baseball Info Solutions that compile the video data.

    His -3 DRS does not mean he's a poor defender. It means that in 2012 he had a -3 DRS. One season simply is not enough data to draw any conclusion on a players overall defensive ability.

    If you're gonna throw the stats around, know how to use them correctly.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25