Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

There are no stats for any Cardinal player. Only luck.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Of course he knows he's there to hit. He's a 1B or corner OF. They're all there for their bats.

And no, your story of him saying that simply is not true.
    Are you a Cards fan or just a jackass?

He's a corner OF/1B because they play in the NL if they go to the WS he will be DH unless they put Holliday or Beltran there but very slim shot he plays 1B regardless.

The dude said it, if they had every story and pregame show online I would get it for you but they don't. I could care less if you think he did or not but I know for a fact he did because I heard him say it himself. And if that wasn't enough his scouting reports and defensive metrics support he's a poor defender.

His defensive numbers aren't from an adequate sample size. That's defensive stats 101 man.
    He played around 2/3 of what everyone else has. And Defensive run saved shows how many balls he isn't getting regardless of time and he was a -3 run saved and for the innings he played only 2 guys had a worse ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    There are no stats for any Cardinal player. Only luck.
    No the stats show he blows.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    No the stats show he blows.
    Your stats mean nothing.

He played around 2/3 of what everyone else has. And Defensive run saved shows how many balls he isn't getting regardless of time and he was a -3 run saved and for the innings he played only 2 guys had a worse ratio.
    Even 1 full year of DRS or UZR is inconclusive data to draw conclusions about a players defensive skill. If you're going to pretend to know the stats, you need to actually know them.

Even 1 full year of DRS or UZR is inconclusive data to draw conclusions about a players defensive skill. If you're going to pretend to know the stats, you need to actually know them.
    Oooh snap. He is pretending because he doesn't know anything so he hides behind pointless numbers he made up...along with that bogus Craig interview.

Are you a Cards fan or just a jackass?

He's a corner OF/1B because they play in the NL if they go to the WS he will be DH unless they put Holliday or Beltran there but very slim shot he plays 1B regardless.

The dude said it, if they had every story and pregame show online I would get it for you but they don't. I could care less if you think he did or not but I know for a fact he did because I heard him say it himself. And if that wasn't enough his scouting reports and defensive metrics support he's a poor defender.
    Just getting tired of you reading you spout random whiny nonsense and constantly misuse stats.

And really, the dude never said that. He may have said that he's always working on his defense, or is still learning his way around the bag, but he definitely never labeled himself a poor defender at 1st. That's just a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    No videos saved here. But when I make a claim such as that, I back it up.

You made it up. Plain and simple.
    Whatever you need to think he doesn't suck with the glove bro, but the fact still remains he said it and indeed sucks with the glove.

Fielding Bible uses video on every play he's a -3 you don't have to like it but he's a bad defender.

Whatever you need to think he doesn't suck with the glove bro, but the fact still remains he said it and indeed sucks with the glove.
    Bro? I knew it! You're Bryce Harper!

It wasn't that great of play....mlb players make that play most every time...minor league players make that play more than 1/2 the time....i would expect my high school 1b to make that play 1/2 the time.

Jay sure was lucky

Jay with a nice play. He and Coco are the two best CF at going back on line drives nearing in on the wall and up against.

Fielding Bible uses video on every play he's a -3 you don't have to like it but he's a bad defender.
    It's actually Baseball Info Solutions that compile the video data.

His -3 DRS does not mean he's a poor defender. It means that in 2012 he had a -3 DRS. One season simply is not enough data to draw any conclusion on a players overall defensive ability.

If you're gonna throw the stats around, know how to use them correctly.

Turn Off Ads?