Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

That looked like a horrible call on strike three to Belt. Geez.

2. Turn Off Ads?

6 of the Cards 9 runs this series came with 2 outs and going back to the 9th vs Nats its 10 of 13 runs with 2 outs.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    He didn't win a ring by bunting
    Hello Strawman...you'll have to excuse me for switching brain sides here.

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    Hello Strawman...you'll have to excuse me for switching brain sides here.
    Winning a World Series don't make that a good move, its clearly going to lose him this game and likely hand the Cards the series. Bochy despite his WS winner has been mediocre in the postseason in his career as manager.

Why wouldn't Kozma get a big hit there, he's clearly been saving them for his entire .236 minor league hitting career.

Why wouldn't Kozma get a big hit there, he's clearly been saving them for his entire .236 minor league hitting career.
    Yup

Winning a World Series don't make that a good move, its clearly going to lose him this game and likely hand the Cards the series. Bochy despite his WS winner has been mediocre in the postseason in his career as manager.
    You can't say that w/ any real certainty at all. We'll never know what would have happened had he let Cain swing away.

And I wasn't claiming that a WS has any bearing on whether the decision tonight was the right one. I'm just saying he has one, which makes his creditials to make baseball decisions a little better than most.

I agree with the Cubs fan You can't make this stuff up. Latest Cards scrub of the .242 MLB and .257 Triple-A average hits the ball soft enough to avoid the DP or the force at home.

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    You can't say that w/ any real certainty at all. We'll never know what would have happened had he let Cain swing away.
    It changed the game massively, You have a pitcher who can handel the bat and has pop who has never hit into a DP in well over 450 AB, that number is great for anyone. Literally the worst thing that can happen with the pitcher hitting is he hits into a DP and they you have 1-2-3 up which leads to more run scoring innings than any combo in the majors.

Fitting Beltran leaves and the next 2 RF's drive in all 3 runs.

It changed the game massively, You have a pitcher who can handel the bat and has pop who has never hit into a DP in well over 450 AB, that number is great for anyone. Literally the worst thing that can happen with the pitcher hitting is he hits into a DP and they you have 1-2-3 up which leads to more run scoring innings than any combo in the majors.
    So Cain swings away and does hit into a DP. That means that 1-2-3 "clearly" (your word) scores in the Giants next half inning? You don't know that. That's all I'm saying. It's easy to second guess now that you know outcome of what did happen and pull numbers to support your position in hindsight.

I liked the move and it didn't work out. No big deal. I'm not defending my position or B.B. position. In all honesty, it doesn't mean anything at all if the Giants don't choke w/ RISP. Timely hits win games. Stranding runners over and over again loses them.

Baseball is an easy game and the only numbers that truly mean anything are runs scored.

No it means the worst possible scenario still leads to being in a good situation to start the next inning. I said it was a poor move as he was doing it and before it failed to payoff. There are just too many ways to score with 1 out and runners at the corners.

MLB see's hitters bat .316 with runners at 3rd less than two outs but just .230 with two outs. 6138 runs have scored in 9671 PA with runner at 3rd and less than 2 outs, in 9493 PA with 2 outs it fall down to 3367.

It would seem this is the evening of rain - looks like both games are rain-delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    It would seem this is the evening of rain - looks like both games are rain-delayed.
    Excellent idea by TBS to play a Seinfeld episode of George working for the Yankees.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

MLB see's hitters bat .316 with runners at 3rd less than two outs but just .230 with two outs. 6138 runs have scored in 9671 PA with runner at 3rd and less than 2 outs, in 9493 PA with 2 outs it fall down to 3367.
    More numbers? Maybe he had a hunch?

Turn Off Ads?