Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Using the metrics you favor, Craig is a much better defender than Carpenter.
    Any you said Crag's sample size was was small?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Any you said Crag's sample size was was small?
    Very much too small, but you didn't see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Very much too small, but you didn't see it that way.
    I would say just under 800 innings is more of a better picture than just under 300, I guess the Cards would agree since he got move there for defense.

Fitting yet another first for a Cards player come playoff time. Hunter Pence 0-for-4 the 4 hitters in front him reach base 7 times. Carlos Beltran with the best OPS in playoff history gets hurt, his replacements pick up all 3 RBI in his place.

Matt Carpenter joins these greats of the game as Cards playoff hero's most all before of after thier prime.

Pete Kozma
    Daniel Descalso
    David Freese
    Skip Schumaker
    Ryan Theriot
    Allen Craig
    Yadier Molina
    Arthur Rhodes
    Marc Rzepczynski
    Ronnie Belliard
    Jeff Weaver
    Jeff Suppan
    Randy Flores
    Josh Kinney
    Anthony Reyes
    Tyler Johnson
    David Eckstein

I just hope the Reds can knock the Cardinals off their post season winning each year starting next year by winning more post season games. Hate to think winning the division is a victory for the Reds FO.. I as a fan want more. Hope spring training there is a urgency to win more than a division..

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    I just hope the Reds can knock the Cardinals off their post season winning each year starting next year by winning more post season games. Hate to think winning the division is a victory for the Reds FO.. I as a fan want more. Hope spring training there is a urgency to win more than a division..
    I think we need to start Cairo and Valdez up the middle and our team can take off in the playoffs. The biggest mistake of the year was not calling up Daryl Jones to play CF not only can he not hit in the minors but he's a guy the Cards drafted who can't hit so he would been a lock for some playoff heroics.

I would say just under 800 innings is more of a better picture than just under 300, I guess the Cards would agree since he got move there for defense.
    He was moved there because Matheny double switched Craig out, not defensive purposes.

If the Cards agreed, Craig would have gone to right with Carpenter going to first when Beltran exited the game.

You don't double switch out your clean up hitter after 6 inning in a 2-1 game unless he's a poor defender.

You don't double switch out your clean up hitter after 6 inning in a 2-1 game unless he's a poor defender.
    Matheny is pretty notorious for that kind of stuff.

Give it up man. If it were all about defense, Craig would have been in RF and Carpenter would have been at 1st when Beltran left the game.

Once again you don't pull your #4 hitter in the 6th of a 2-1 game unless its for defense, especially the swing game of the NLCS! He wasn't going to put Craig in RF with a bad knee and the ground being wet in a close game just like he wasn't going to keep a bad OF defender out in RF in Carpenter. He took out the better bat to play the better defense line up in his eyes.

Miguel Cabrera with a 2-run jack off CC to make it 4-0 Tigers looking for he sweep. Now up to 6-0 Tigers so there is a great shot we could get the two teams tied for 11th overall this year playing for the World Title.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 10-18-2012 at 06:13 PM.

I'm no Arod fan but why is Girardi starting Chavez and Gardner who are BOTH batting .000 in the playoffs over Arod and Granderson?

In NLCS news Beltran is out again today and they moved Craig out to RF and put Matt Carpenter in his spot as 1st as expected, Beltran will be able to PH. The starters have been officially announced for game being Lance Lynn vs Barry Zito.

The Giants also change up their order with Posey playing 1st and switching to 3rd in the line up with Pablo going down to 4th and Hunter Pence sliding down to 6th with today's catcher Hector Sanchez taking over the 5th spot.

Max Scherzer lost his no-hitter on a Nunez triple to start the 6th and shutout after a Swisher double it was only his 2nd hit with RISP in his playoff career in 36 AB and the first one to drive home a run.

The Evil Empire on the verge of getting swept. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Evil Empire on the verge of getting swept. Sweet.

And I so love they're going to bite about 100 mil!! How does it taste???

Turn Off Ads?