Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1067

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

it just makes me ill seeing the Giants dominate the Reds in GABP and look totally different in St. Louis against the Cards

2. Turn Off Ads?

Its just comical anymore. Beltran the best OPS in postseason history out with injury and the 3 RF who replace him drive in all 3 runs. Today Carpenter is 1-for-1 with a double and 2 walks and scored 2 runs the last one after the Giants blow the relay home with a bad throw home and an even worse catch and tag attempt by the catcher.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Of course Pagan doesn't catch that now.

And the Cards tried to Mark Berry the runner at the plate, and the Giants can't even do that right.

/puke
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Growl. Razzle Fazzle &^&%&^%^$

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    it just makes me ill seeing the Giants dominate the Reds in GABP and look totally different in St. Louis against the Cards
    They have a magical park which is soon to have 3 WS teams since it opened 7 years ago. Nothing but bad things happen to visiting players who play there, the only way to beat the Cards at home is use a no-named pitcher and keep it close and win in the 8 or 9 with a HR so they have limited time to come back.

Teams best players go there and can't hit, you can forget about getting hits with RISP and if you get on the guy is going to hold at 3rd, chances are the visiting teams will blow all simple plays and if you send a Ace there he's getting beat for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    They have a magical park which is soon to have 3 WS teams since it opened 7 years ago. Nothing but bad things happen to visiting players who play there, the only way to beat the Cards at home is use a no-named pitcher and keep it close and win in the 8 or 9 with a HR so they have limited time to come back.

Teams best players go there and can't hit, you can forget about getting hits with RISP and if you get on the guy is going to hold at 3rd, chances are the visiting teams will blow all simple plays and if you send a Ace there he's getting beat for sure.

Hometown, I think you need to stop watching baseball. You have a problem, you are obsessive and watching the Cardinals win is only making it worse

It must be nice to get a two out hit and an RBI...of course by Molina.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmore123 View Post
    Hometown, I think you need to stop watching baseball. You have a problem, you are obsessive and watching the Cardinals win is only making it worse
    I wish I could stop watching baseball Its too predicable at this point, the best teams lose quick and the teams who fight to the last series tend to go on and win.

I would be far more pissed if I didn't already know what was going to happen two months ago when I said if they won the 2nd WC they would likely go to the WS again since that's how they win when they have mediocre squads.

I wish I could stop watching baseball Its too predicable at this point, the best teams lose quick and the teams who fight to the last series tend to go on and win.

I would be far more pissed if I didn't already know what was going to happen two months ago when I said if they won the 2nd WC they would likely go to the WS again since that's how they win when they have mediocre squads.
    Man for man they probably have the best lineup in the NL. Everyone can hit.
    You don't see them running someone out there hitting .215, where we were doing it often, with sometimes 2 or 3 in the batting order hitting .215 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Cardinals are a much better team than the Reds

It's not soccer, every North American sport has some type of tournament. Whats the point of playoffs if you don't let the team who wins advance? I think you should take up European soccer if you want two teams competing past the regular season every year (which wouldnt have been the Reds this year). Had the Reds faced major injuries this year (Cueto, Votto, Phillips) and made the second spot I'm sure you wouldn't be so hamstrung over it.

You have remarkable knowledge of the game, you can twist any stat for your arguments to get yourself all tied up, but for what? If you knew what was going to happen why are you still watching? Just turn it off unless you're one of those people that likes pain/being upset.

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Man for man they probably have the best lineup in the NL. Everyone can hit.
    You don't see them running someone out there hitting .215, where we were doing it often, with sometimes 2 or 3 in the batting order hitting .215 or less.
    They have some guys playing way over their heads and have a middle infield of Descalso and Kozma. Molina had a .688 OPS in his career then jumps to .814 last year which was .065 better than his previous high then that jumped to .874 this year. They have a guy like Craig who his .400 with RISP and .273 in every other situation, Jay blows on the road but has a .430 BABIP at home Freese is a decent play but has a real high BABIP for a player as slow as he is. Beltran is still decent for his age and Matt Holliday is a legit star player.

In a time when the MLB offense is going down the Cards are getting guys to spike offensively.

Great. Another Cardinals rout. Well, maybe can watch the Tigers have some birdie breakfast...

Quote Originally Posted by Redmore123 View Post
    Had the Reds faced major injuries this year (Cueto, Votto, Phillips) and made the second spot I'm sure you wouldn't be so hamstrung over it.
    No I pry to god the Reds never get the 2nd WC gimmick, playing 162 games is what separates the teams. Baseball was at its best before they even added the 1st WC team every since then the best teams rarely even make the WS let alone win it.

The teams people get to know over the summer as good teams never making it is very bad for baseball its part of the reason why the WS TV ratings have been getting worse and worse over the last 6 or 7 years. The highest rated WS since 04 when teams tuned in to see the Red Sox the highest WS rating was 09 when the AL leader in wins played the NL's second best team. Other than that series they all have been the least viewed series ever.

would like to see the Cardinals bash that overrated idiot Romo

Turn Off Ads?