Turn Off Ads?
Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1067

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Walt...I hope you are watching the Cards-Giants game tonight......this is how you win....with a combination of pitching and timely hitting. Pitching alone won't do it
    if you can't score. Better get busy this winter if you don't want to see 2nd or 3rd place next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTofty View Post
    Great. Another Cardinals rout. Well, maybe can watch the Tigers have some birdie breakfast...
    Justin Verlander 0-1 with a ERA around 5 in 2 starts, Prince forgets how to hit, Jackson forgets how to make contact, Cabrera hits ropes all over the place but right at defenders and the supporting cast that was so big in the playoffs to date all vanish and Coke blows at least one save.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 10-18-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Matt Carpenter has reached base as many times in this series (4) as Pablo Sandoval -- even though he only entered it in 2nd inning yesterday -Jayson Stark

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Justin Verlander 0-1 with a ERA around 5 in 2 starts, Prince forgets how to hit, Jackson forgets how to make contact, Cabrera hits ropes all over the place but right at defenders and the supporting cast that was so big in the playoffs to date all vanish and Coke blows at least one save.
    Probably this. 2006 all over again.....

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Probably this. 2006 all over again.....
    Well I hope they can field bunts this time or maybe not fall down in CF.

Tigers clinched too early. they're going to get cold again. I hope not, but I fear it.

12 in 12. Gag me.

I find it hard to count them out without even a chance after completing a four-game sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Tigers clinched too early. they're going to get cold again. I hope not, but I fear it.

12 in 12. Gag me.
    Leyland said they would do things different to keep sharp, don't know what they can do but hope it works. If you don't like 12 in 12 it could be worse with hearing 13 in 13 all next year.

Its funny to me anymore. Who else could lose a HOF manager and hire a rookie with no coaching experience and then let one of the best baseball players ever to play the game walk as a FA and then be the first MLB team ever to benefit as the 2nd WC team other than the Cards. The AL WC game would have been a game 163 without the 2nd WC so Cards are only team in MLB history to use the 2nd WC to get in.

The Tigers/Cardinals tied for the 11th best record in baseball this season....but they are far and away the two best teams right now.

Though I still say Strasburg being shut down was the difference in that series.

The thing to watch in the WS will be hitting with RISP. The Cards are holding teams to a .157 average with RISP over the last 29 home games which is unheard of, but the Tigers lead the majors in hitting with RISP this year.

LOL, more Pete Kozma magic! .236/.308/.344/.652 over 2752 MiLB plate appearances while playing in 2 of the biggest hitters leagues in the minors for 488 of 671 minor league games.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 10-18-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Single in a 7-1 game in the 7th = magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Single in a 7-1 game in the 7th = magic
    A hit in any major league inning is magic for a .236 minor league hitter that was almost taken off the 40 man roster 5 times this year. .231 hitter in 245 Double-A games and then .223 in 243 Triple-A games.

Magic or luck, you make the call.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    A hit in any major league inning is magic for a .236 minor league hitter that was almost taken off the 40 man roster 5 times this year. .231 hitter in 245 Double-A games and then .223 in 243 Triple-A games.

Magic or luck, you make the call.
    Meh. He's hit .235 this postseason. Sample size fun and selective memory is what I would call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    Meh. He's hit .235 this postseason. Sample size fun and selective memory is what I would call it.
    With 7 RBI and 8 RS making it even more comical. Its amazing how you refuse to think the Cards are lucky when everything says they are. BTW why did they put the good defensive 1B in RF tonight?

Turn Off Ads?