Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Postseason managing....

Postseason managing....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Postseason managing....

What a call by Dusty tonight. He handled it perfectly with LeCure and Latos. Now, fingers crossed, Cueto goes in Game 3, Bailey in 4, and Latos in 5 if needed.

If Cueto pitches Game 3, he still would be on 4 days rest to pitch Game 1 of the NLCS if we make it.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

The Cueto situation was handled well, but numerous questionable decisions later. Not having Chapman warming up in the 8th inning was the most disturbing. Broxton was not fooling anyone. I'm sick and tired of the comparisons to the Nasty Boys as Broxton version 2012 cannot hold the jock of Dibble version 1990.

The Reds defense was huge tonight making the pitching look a lot better than it really was.
    Stick to your guns.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

This isn't the Cubs or Astros we're playing. This is the postseason. Let's give some credit to the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    This isn't the Cubs or Astros we're playing. This is the postseason. Let's give some credit to the Giants.
    No snark to this question, but I'm not sure what you're driving at.

That asked, I have to say I think Baker & Price did an excellent job in cobbling together an ad hoc Plan B pitching plan. Glad we have the depth and the guys that threw the ball stepped in and got it done.

It's a wondrous year for a magical team.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    No snark to this question, but I'm not sure what you're driving at.

That asked, I have to say I think Baker & Price did an excellent job in cobbling together an ad hoc Plan B pitching plan. Glad we have the depth and the guys that threw the ball stepped in and got it done.

It's a wondrous year for a magical team.
    I agree. The team, especially the pitching, came together and got it done under tough circumstances.

But again, it's the postseason, the best of the best.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    The Cueto situation was handled well, but numerous questionable decisions later. Not having Chapman warming up in the 8th inning was the most disturbing. Broxton was not fooling anyone. I'm sick and tired of the comparisons to the Nasty Boys as Broxton version 2012 cannot hold the jock of Dibble version 1990.
    Broxton actally looked better than Chapman.

So, what were the other "numerous questionable decisions"?

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post

The Reds defense was huge tonight making the pitching look a lot better than it really was.
    Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but Chapman > Myers. Dibble > Broxton. Marshall > Charlton or pretty much awash.

You're making it sound like the 1990 Nasty Boys were head and shoulders better than this group, and I don't think they were.

Turn Off Ads?