Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: NLDS Game 2 - Reds at Giants 10/7/12

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: NLDS Game 2 - Reds at Giants 10/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Not much sleep last night and my planned afternoon nap didn't pan out too well because of the phone. This had better be good, because I'm already sleepy. Wonder if we can top 1500 posts again.
    Not a chance I'll be able to stay up for all of this. I work at 6am. *sigh* It sure would be nice to wake up to a 2-0 lead though. *crosses fingers*

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Frazier was on a bigger stage than this series at age 12. Playing for the Little League World Championship on Sunday afternoon on ABC...is a bigger stage than TBS or TNT...sorry it is. I think he played pretty good that game.

Frazier, all season long has come up big in big games.

This is Dusty being Dusty...loyalty to the veterans...who had one error and should of had another error if it were not for Phillips saving his butt. 0-4 at the plate too.

Free Frazier!!
    Little League WS bigger than MLB playoffs? You are kidding, right?

But you know that Rolen is easily the better defender on a day to day basis, those were some tough plays that he tried to make. Really not fair, its not like he airmailed easy throws.

Like it or not, you have to lean for the D, just like Stubbs. If you are going to rely on pitching and D, you lean toward the D in the playoffs, where runs are likely scarce anyhow.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Not much sleep last night and my planned afternoon nap didn't pan out too well because of the phone. This had better be good, because I'm already sleepy. Wonder if we can top 1500 posts again.
    Well, I wasn't here last night... I'll be joining in tonight.... Lets do it!
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Not a chance I'll be able to stay up for all of this. I work at 6am. *sigh* It sure would be nice to wake up to a 2-0 lead though. *crosses fingers*
    I have dispatchers on duty in the morning, so I can sleep until I'm done, or until my phone starts ringing, but I'm not setting an alarm.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

What time will the game be TNT? I have Law and Order showing here in Amarillo.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    What time will the game be TNT? I have Law and Order showing here in Amarillo.
    Yes it will come on at 9:30

No kidding. Very lethargic all day today. Then, was voluntary exposed to the Bengals. Huge game tonight, hope I can stay awake to see it on a 'school night'

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Frazier was on a bigger stage than this series at age 12. Playing for the Little League World Championship on Sunday afternoon on ABC...is a bigger stage than TBS or TNT...sorry it is. I think he played pretty good that game.
    Based on that theory, shouldn't we try and find Sean Borroughs and bring him back?

What Frazier did at the age of 12 means nothing about wether he should be playing today.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Based on that theory, shouldn't we try and find Sean Borroughs and bring him back?

What Frazier did at the age of 12 means nothing about wether he should be playing today.
    I mostly agree. But there IS something to be said for a person who plays better on bigger stages. Some people tighten up when the pressure builds, others get more excited and more focused. My brother and I are that way and sometimes it's hard to understand why others aren't. When the game is on the line, my adrenaline starts pumping and I'm simply more intense...not herky-jerky. Although, that being said, we have no idea if Todd was truly that way or just in the right place at the right time.

Senor Votto

Enough of this Law and Order crap

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Enough of this Law and Order crap
    So you're wanting us to shoot the umps?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    So you're wanting us to shoot the umps?
    Well played.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

So, is the hopper only available in Boston?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Crap, now I won't know who did it!
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Here we go again!
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?