Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 121 to 131 of 131

Thread: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    31

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Who is whining now?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Cards fans insecurities are off the charts hilarious, their team pulls off a big comeback and the first thing they crave is to flock to rival teams message boards.

    Amazing how one non-called check swing changed everyone posting plans.
    I could easily say one non-called strike in game 4 that went the Nats way. Easy, plain and simple. There was bad calls that went both ways.

  4. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    31

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    I could easily say one non-called strike in game 4 that went the Nats way. Easy, plain and simple. There was bad calls that went both ways.
    A Jason Werth pitch in the bottom of the 9th in game 4. Holliday was called out a few innings before on a pitch outside. Werth's was called a ball and it was closer to the strike zone than any three thrown to Holliday.

  5. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    I am in my mid 40s and have been a Reds fan my whole life. The interesting thing is for most of it, I had absolutely no opinion on the Cardinals. Really for most of my life they have been largely irrelevant. They won the WS in 82 but that as it as far a championships go so it was never like they were some dislikable dynasty. They were never in the same division as the Reds growing up. They never had a playoff series with Cardinals and until recently there was nothing between the teams at all.

    When Tony LaRussa became the manager of the Cardinals, I started rooting against them. Not because I had any issue with the Cardinals, but because Tony LaRussa is a liar and a cheat. I despised him in Oakland and his whole "I had no idea guys on my team were doing steroids." just reinforced my opinion of him being a dirtbag.

    So Tony LaRussa is gone, outside of Chris Carpenter there are not a lot of dislikable guys on the roster and the funny thing is I now despise them. And the reason is this message board.

    Reds had a really chippy nasty series with the Pirates this year with guys getting plunked and all kinds of nonsense going on. No Pirate fans hopped on the Reds message board to spout off.

    Tight playoff series with the Giants this year, there was only 1 Giant fan who hopped on the board and he was very complimentary and a decent guy.

    Two years ago, we played the Phillies, home of the most self absorbed obnoxious fans on the planet and again, 1 guy. In fairness he was dope, but what do you expect from Philly. Point being, 1 guy.

    So the Reds are out of the playoffs, they did not have a series with the Cardinals and yet this message board is teaming with Cardinal fans popping off about them winning.

    Look the Cardinals are a good team and have played well but they have caught a lot of breaks. Cardinal fans want to focus on the fact they have played well, ignoring they have gotten breaks. Reds fans want to focus on the breaks ignoring they have played well.

    It would seem to be a push except for the fact it is a Reds message board, and Reds fans really don't care what Cardinal fans opinions of the Cardinals are.

    To folks like Magdal, who are Cardinal fans but have been long time solid citizens on this board I am not referring to you so I apologize up front if you think I am.
    This was perfect.

    Though I will bring up, while the Pirates/Reds series got heated, it never reached the level of the big brawl and there are many on both sides that still carry that with them. I, for one, let it all go and was glad to hear BP, JC, Yadi and Carp met in a tunnel to bury the hatchet. But there are still many idiots that feel like they need to rub our post season success in your face. They are just that, idiots but if you read over at Cards talk there's some bad apples talking trash from Cincinnati. Goes both ways.

  6. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    I could easily say one non-called strike in game 4 that went the Nats way. Easy, plain and simple. There was bad calls that went both ways.
    The Cards got every call in the field and far more of the questionable strike calls, You're a paranoid Cards fan so you refuse to see it from an outside unbiased perspective go back and read the scoreboard watching threads and see how much bad calls were mentioned.

    Cards fans seek validation more than any fans in the league despite having the 2nd amount of titles in baseball. I've never seen anything like it, you guys absolutely can't stand it people don't bow down to your team. That's why people like Jeff Passan and Keith Law mock you in the media so badly.

  7. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    216

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    The Cards got every call in the field and far more of the questionable strike calls, You're a paranoid Cards fan so you refuse to see it from an outside unbiased perspective go back and read the scoreboard watching threads and see how much bad calls were mentioned.

    Cards fans seek validation more than any fans in the league despite having the 2nd amount of titles in baseball. I've never seen anything like it, you guys absolutely can't stand it people don't bow down to your team. That's why people like Jeff Passan and Keith Law mock you in the media so badly.
    I'm not seeking validation, especially from you because regardless of what St. Louis does, you will never give them credit. I'm not asking you to bow. But with every post, you show your bitterness more and more. Refusing to give credit. Every Cardinal victory is nothing but luck to you. You explain away what they did by bringing up bad calls and production from unlikely sources.

    Was their 12-4 and 8-0 wins just luck too?

  8. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    I'm not seeking validation, especially from you because regardless of what St. Louis does, you will never give them credit. I'm not asking you to bow. But with every post, you show your bitterness more and more. Refusing to give credit. Every Cardinal victory is nothing but luck to you. You explain away what they did by bringing up bad calls and production from unlikely sources.

    Was their 12-4 and 8-0 wins just luck too?
    They won a 5 game series wow good job the first 5 times the Cards played Houston this year they won 3 games to 2 and the lost 107 games. Yes they did get lucky to win 12-4 and 8-0 if Strasburg didn't get shut down those score wouldn't have happened. He would have went in game two and game 3 would been Zim who hadn't lost at home since mid May.

    The Nats in Ed Jackson starts was 12-19 they went 98-64, he lost of one those games and came back to give up a big run in game 5 if SS was not shut down it would be him coming in game 5 to work multiple innings.

    You Cards fans are too dumb too see that, you want to get a pat on the back because the Nats had to play without their 2nd best SP and one of the games best overall when he wasn't even hurt.

  9. #128
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    31

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    They won a 5 game series wow good job the first 5 times the Cards played Houston this year they won 3 games to 2 and the lost 107 games. Yes they did get lucky to win 12-4 and 8-0 if Strasburg didn't get shut down those score wouldn't have happened. He would have went in game two and game 3 would been Zim who hadn't lost at home since mid May.

    The Nats in Ed Jackson starts was 12-19 they went 98-64, he lost of one those games and came back to give up a big run in game 5 if SS was not shut down it would be him coming in game 5 to work multiple innings.

    You Cards fans are too dumb too see that, you want to get a pat on the back because the Nats had to play without their 2nd best SP and one of the games best overall when he wasn't even hurt.
    Yeah but if Berkman was playing and if Furcal wasn't hurt and if Pujols was still here....

  10. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by birdsonthebat View Post
    Yeah but if Berkman was playing and if Furcal wasn't hurt and if Pujols was still here....
    If all 3 of those happened the Cards would be at home

  11. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    545

    Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

    Quote Originally Posted by Illini84 View Post
    Actually, what they do best is win in the postseason. I get the animosity towards the Cardinals but I can't help but think that the outrage at the Cardinals whining is displaced anger for not being in their position. For what it's worth, I was rooting for the Reds against SF and I actually like Brandon Phillips for being the colorful character he is. A Reds vs. Cardinals series would have been much more compelling than Cards/ Giants. The Cards did their part. I think the 2nd wild card one game playoff is stupid, also. But every team knew the landscape going into the season and the Cardinals climbed through that window. It is true that ostensibly the best team doesn't win but the Cardinals thrive under pressure while other teams wilt under the strain. Looking forward to Cardinals and Reds matchups next year.
    I would disagree. Tony LaRussa was the manager of the Cardinals for 15 years and whined about everything. The guy would go around like he invented the rules of baseball and it was hard to figure out what the rules were because they would constantly change based on whether they benefited him or not. Plunking guys was wrong, unless you do it the right way. What is the right way? However he does it. Hard slides are bad, unless he did it. It was NOT a Cardinal thing, it was a LaRussa thing. He was the same jackwagon in Chicago that he was in Oakland that he was in St. Louis. His constant crying about everything became synonymous with Cardinal baseball to people outside St. Louis and it get hard to separate the 2 especially when you have a dope like Chris Carpenter carrying on the tradition. Matheny seems like a decent guy and the majority of guys on the team are likeable so I think the whining label will eventually go away, but until it does things Cardinal guys say will be perceived as whining.

    As far as bitterness yeah there is definitely bitterness. The 2-2 pitch last night to Freese that Storen was mad about was a ball. It was a couple inches off the plate. The 3-2 pitch to Hannigan in game 5 was the same pitch, a couple inches off the plate was called a strike. Instead of bases loaded not out, the Reds end up with a strike out put out. Reds fans wonder why we never get that call.

    Ian Desmond gets his glove to the Decalso ground ball last night, if it goes in, he makes the play and its series over. Not only does it not go in his glove, it hits the heel and punts it into no mans land in CF so 2 runs score instead of just one if he knocks it down. Reds fans watch Angel Pagan make ridiculous diving catches with the tying runs on base and think why don't we ever end up with guys missing plays with the game on the line.

    Then we get to come on here and see Cardinal fans talking about the difference is they are just clutch. Its ridiculous and of course it going to generate animosity. The Cardinals are a good team, probably the best team in the National League this season and I only say that because I think their lineup is a little stronger than the Reds top to bottom while the pitching top to bottom is probably a wash and the Nats had no Straussburg. But its not like the Cardinals are year in year out 110 win team that rolls everybody in the playoffs that the Reds wish they could be. They play well in the playoffs and seem to make the most of their opportunities but they also catch some breaks as well. One thing or another goes against them last night and there are no Cardinal fans on this board other than the regulars who are pretty classy for the most part
    Last edited by krm1580; 10-13-2012 at 09:15 PM.

  12. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,816
    Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    But there are still many idiots that feel like they need to rub our post season success in your face. They are just that, idiots but if you read over at Cards talk there's some bad apples talking trash from Cincinnati. Goes both ways.
    Of course it goes both ways. You should know it.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25