Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Multi-tasking? When I listen to Reds games on the radio, I don't just post here. I'm on a couple different forums. Perhaps, the guy just likes to get other perspectives.

I'm as much a Cardinals hater as the next guy but that's the team, not the fans. In truth, he's been a goodly competitor and hasn't resorted to the old Steelers tactic of waving championships in our faces.*

So there.

* Funny story. After the Steelers won their fifth Super Bowl, one of my nephews all of a sudden became a fan. During a Bengals-Steelers game, we were ragging on each other. Then he held up his hand and showed me his five fingers. He asked if I knew what that was. I said, yeah, it's the hand you used to climb on the bandwagon.
    Thank you for rational thought.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    I've been coming here since 2010, why? Because i like it.
    You seriously enjoy this?

Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon...

I think its stupid for fans to be active on a rival message board. Its fine to see what they are talking about but lame to post, even when Reds fans do it to others its weak IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    I think its stupid for fans to be active on a rival message board. Its fine to see what they are talking about but lame to post, even when Reds fans do it to others its weak IMO.
    Aw come on Hometown! WHere's the love?! I've had fun going back and forth with you the few times that i have!

Schnickelfritz

Thank you for rational thought.
    It's just a game. Or, as Bill Hick said, it's just a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Multi-tasking? When I listen to Reds games on the radio, I don't just post here. I'm on a couple different forums. Perhaps, the guy just likes to get other perspectives.

I'm as much a Cardinals hater as the next guy but that's the team, not the fans. In truth, he's been a goodly competitor and hasn't resorted to the old Steelers tactic of waving championships in our faces.*

So there.

* Funny story. After the Steelers won their fifth Super Bowl, one of my nephews all of a sudden became a fan. During a Bengals-Steelers game, we were ragging on each other. Then he held up his hand and showed me his five fingers. He asked if I knew what that was. I said, yeah, it's the hand you used to climb on the bandwagon.
    Multi tasking? Really? That's an excuse to be sitting by yourself thinking what other fans think of you, during a playoff game nonetheless?

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    The only reason for fans to actively post on other teams message boards is to loudly or passively troll.

The topic was raised that the Cardinals were whining about the shadows. I'm simply debating that it wasn't whining. If they were blaming the loss on the shadows, sure, whining. Heck, i hated it when La Russa would bring up stuff like lights in a stadium, or stealing signs. But there's a difference between whining, and being asked for comment about something the local and national media were discussing. Especially when other players for other teams were asked about it and said just about the same thing.

The reason the Reds haven't had the opportunity to comment on something like that...they're playing a major market team so they're getting the prime time game.

Jason Heyward and other Braves barked about the Wild Card playoff time because, the sun and shadows are especially difficult at that time. Braves announcers attibuted Uggla's missed ball because the sun was in his eyes. Is this all whining and crying too?

SO i again ask, when other teams and players openly discuss the same thing the Cards do, why is it not complaining?

But again, at least none of the Cardinals players called someone a racist on Twitter.

p.s.

I'll never throw the world series titles in your face. That's just poor sportmanship! You know what the Cards have and what they've done. You don't need me telling you that.
    I've already told you: You guys have a longer and louder history of complaining. It's the reason James Harrison is looked at more closely for illegal hits. Not to mention your team has been World Champions and a class organization and you have the biggest babies on your team acting like 13-year-olds. It kinda cheapens the professionalism your team pretends to show.

I think a few of the poster here understand about the "crying".

The St. Louis ballpark is not set up for late afternoon baseball. Start a game at 1pm or 7pm and all is well.

It's not an advantage to either team. It's just a shame that games that mean so much are played in the sun/shadows. Imagine trying to hit a baseball with a strobe light flashing. The ball actually goes in and out of the shadows twice before it reaches home plate. (In a half a second)

If your team manages to beat the Giants and face the Cardinals in the next round, you may get a chance to see it. It's hard for the camera crew to adjust to the changing light.

It also has to do the networks schedule. Play the important Yankee games in prime time and the heck with the rest of the games. You'd think the defending World Champions would get a little respect in the schedule also. But no, it's all about rating and ca$h.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    The only reason for fans to actively post on other teams message boards is to loudly or passively troll.
    Not true. Some enjoy discussing baseball and if your team manages to win, it could be interesting to discuss the upcoming series.

I had some good discussions with Phillies fans last season. Before during and after we whipped 'em.

Same with the Ranger fans.

Hope there are a few of you willing to do the same.

Salukifan2

there is too much hate between the posters on this thread. This forum hates on the cardinals more than bleacher nation does and the cubs are the cardinals biggest rival. The honest truth is that every NL fan in the midwest is sick of the cardinals. They have been the most successful NL franchise for the last decade and everyone is tired of it. Reds fans look at this year as maybe a passing of the torch while cardinal fans want to keep holding on.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Perhaps for you. Others seem to think otherwise.

I don't hate anyone on this thread! I try to bring up valid points, then i'm told to stop being a whiney baby. Though the Harrison analogy was pretty good.

I'm not trying to rub this in the faces of anyone, but every year the Cards make the playoffs, they get midday start times that, 1. make it tough for fans to watch or attend and 2. make it difficult on all players due to the sun and stadium shadows.

As the Reds make the playoffs more and more (i expect this to happen), you'll get frustrated too. You expect a team that's good and has the history of the Reds (in my case the Cards) to get a little more respect. But it doesn't happen because it's a big ole' money grab and markets like ours end up on the bottom of the pile. Which his why last year was so much more sweeter.

Shoot...the frustration is already setting in (kudos on the shot at the cards fans in this thread...)

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98881

The Cards are always the underdogs...just the way I like it!

GO CARDS

Win or lose, just get it done by 4:07 so I can see the Cardinal game.

Good luck.

As for the shadows, it might not be fair to either team, but it is what it is. As I tell my Cardinal brethren, if you want national media market respect, get an ocean.
    We can share the women, we can share the wine.

Turn Off Ads?