Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    I've been coming here since 2010, why? Because i like it. So as for "going away". Don't think I will.

By the way, aren't you the one that was going to go crying to a moderator because someone else was being negative toward the reds?
    Well, I thought my post was pretty humorous & was meant to be taken lightly...guess u can't handle that?

There have been a couple of Cards fans on here that have been very intelligent & I've enjoyed...

I don't cry to anyone...Many 'trolls' have been shown the door on this site...After all, it is for Reds fans...Have a nice day...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Fell for the Reds in 1956 RedsFaninAfrica's Avatar

This is a legitimate gripe.
    The point isn't whether it's a legitimate gripe or not. The point is that some teams whine about everything as an excuse and other teams take whatever life gives them and find a way to turn it to their advantage. The Cards are perpetual whiners and the Reds aren't.

The Reds could have whined about losing Madsen, but instead they found Chapman.

The Reds could have whined about losing Votto, but instead they went on a torrid winning streak without him.

The Reds could have complained about losing Cueto, but instead they played an excellent game and won without him.

It's a bit lame when players say, "We aren't making excuses, but ..." while they are in the process of making excuses.

So the point isn't whether the gripe is legitimate; the point is that they shouldn't be griping in the first place.

I, for one, love the Cardinals whining about a feature of their own stadium.

Cards should be happy that the new stupid playoff format let them into the playoffs. It should be the Braves playing, not the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFaninAfrica View Post
    The point isn't whether it's a legitimate gripe or not. The point is that some teams whine about everything as an excuse and other teams take whatever life gives them and find a way to turn it to their advantage. The Cards are perpetual whiners and the Reds aren't.

The Reds could have whined about losing Votto, but instead they went on a torrid winning streak without him.

The Reds could have complained about losing Cueto, but instead they played an excellent game and won without him.

It's a bit lame when players say, "We aren't making excuses, but ..." while they are in the process of making excuses.

So the point isn't whether the gripe is legitimate; the point is that they shouldn't be griping in the first place.
    Spot on!

Go Reds!!
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFaninAfrica View Post

Injuries are one thing that can't be controlled. The Cardinals lost Wainwright last year, no complaining. Lost Berkman and Furcal, no complaining.

In this case, and I would make this complaint if the Reds were playing at that time, it's known that at that time of day the sun and shadows in most stadiums are an issue, push the start time ahead to noon.

What's actually comical to me, I converse on many different team forums, Cubs, Astros, Brewers, Nats, Rockies...you guys are the only ones who whine about the Cards this much. Every little molehill, you make a mountain out of.

Braves reporters, players and fans make a stink about the stupid start time, it's ok. Cards say something, you're ALL over it. For a bunch of people who talk about the Cards complaining a lot...you sure do complain a lot.

This is a legitimate gripe. Every year the Cards make it to the post season, they're put at a middle afternoon start time to appease the TV folks. There's no crying, they just would like the game to not be impacted by the shadows.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Ok...this was funny.

But again, I really don't see how answering a question about the game being impacted by the shadows is "complaining". The Washington Post asked Jason Werth to comment on the shadows and he said "The visuals were tough in the outfield and at the plate all day". Is he complaining? Or is it ok cause he's not wearing a Cardinal uniform?

It gets a little old, every year that the Cards make the playoffs, they get the midday start times. Both teams are impacted, both teams have something to say about it. But i guess when a Cardinal player answers a question they're complaining.

Could be worse though, I guess a Cardinal player could run off to Twitter and call a guy a racist.

Ok...this was funny.

But again, I really don't see how answering a question about the game being impacted by the shadows is "complaining". The Washington Post asked Jason Werth to comment on the shadows and he said "The visuals were tough in the outfield and at the plate all day". Is he complaining? Or is it ok cause he's not wearing a Cardinal uniform?

It gets a little old, every year that the Cards make the playoffs, they get the midday start times. Both teams are impacted, both teams have something to say about it. But i guess when a Cardinal player answers a question they're complaining.

Could be worse though, I guess a Cardinal player could run off to Twitter and call a guy a racist.
    Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about balls being slick????
    Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about the mound not being right height?
    Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about a school board malfunction and teams stealing their signs?

I understand alot of teams, and in this instance both the Cardinals and Nats are saying its hard to see with the shadows, BUT the Cardinals have a long history of complaining about anything and everything. This isn't about the game time and the shadows that might occur, its more about the Cardinals whining once again. Hey its what they do best!!!

How is Chris Carpenter going to explain these shadows to his son?

Quote Originally Posted by coach23 View Post
    Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about balls being slick????
    Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about the mound not being right height?
    Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about a school board malfunction and teams stealing their signs?

I understand alot of teams, and in this instance both the Cardinals and Nats are saying its hard to see with the shadows, BUT the Cardinals have a long history of complaining about anything and everything. This isn't about the game time and the shadows that might occur, its more about the Cardinals whining once again. Hey its what they do best!!!
    I do realize that anytime a Cardinal player is asked about anything, he's going to be whining. I get that. There's nothing any player can do. So, the Cards will continue to complain their way to more championships. And you guys can continue to do nothing but preoccupy yourselves with what the Cardinals are doing and saying. And, shocker, you'll continue to complain about them...irony.

I do realize that anytime a Cardinal player is asked about anything, he's going to be whining. I get that. There's nothing any player can do. So, the Cards will continue to complain their way to more championships. And you guys can continue to do nothing but preoccupy yourselves with what the Cardinals are doing and saying. And, shocker, you'll continue to complain about them...irony.
    You are making it sound as if the Cardinals are just answering questions to the media or something, and we are the ones making it sound as if they are complaining. The fact is they bring it on themselves. Did the media make Larussa make complaints to the MLB about Milwaukee and them supposedly stealing signs, or the mound not being right in Colorado??? No they did that themselves. We comment about them complaining, we are not complaing the Cardinals are the ones doing that.

Just wanted to clear things up for you......now go complain about something like late afternoon start times.

Who cares about the Cardinals?

Quote Originally Posted by coach23 View Post
    You are making it sound as if the Cardinals are just answering questions to the media or something, and we are the ones making it sound as if they are complaining. The fact is they bring it on themselves. Did the media make Larussa make complaints to the MLB about Milwaukee and them supposedly stealing signs, or the mound not being right in Colorado??? No they did that themselves. We comment about them complaining, we are not complaing the Cardinals are the ones doing that.

Just wanted to clear things up for you......now go complain about something like late afternoon start times.
    You seem to get awfully worked up about the Cardinals. Simmer down dude. That was all part of what La Russa did. I got sick of it after a while.

Funny though, of all the fan boards i belong too...you guys complain the most about the Cardinals. The Cubs don't even whine this much.

The start times are ridiculous, and you guys would be talking about it if it were the Reds.

Fell for the Reds in 1956 RedsFaninAfrica's Avatar

I don't see anyone on this forum complaining about the Cardinals. I'm not complaining about them. But if you think I am, let me set the record straight: I love it that they are the way they are. I find their antics hilariously entertaining. I wouldn't have it any other way. So just to clarify - there's a big difference between complaining and making fun of them. I'm making fun of them. Do Reds fans do it more than fans of other teams? Of course we do. Why? Because we just don't like them. They don't like us either. It's all fair.

I also love it that the Reds just go out play the game of baseball. If the ball is slick, they rub it down. If the mound isn't quite right, they adjust and go on. If they have to play an afternoon game, they play it the best they can realizing that the other team has to do it too and its the same for both sides.

Turn Off Ads?