Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    I do realize that anytime a Cardinal player is asked about anything, he's going to be whining. I get that. There's nothing any player can do. So, the Cards will continue to complain their way to more championships. And you guys can continue to do nothing but preoccupy yourselves with what the Cardinals are doing and saying. And, shocker, you'll continue to complain about them...irony.
    So the question is, why are you here complaining about the Cardinals complaining? Can't you complain about Reds fans complaining about Cardinals boards on your own board?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFaninAfrica View Post
    I don't see anyone on this forum complaining about the Cardinals. I'm not complaining about them. But if you think I am, let me set the record straight: I love it that they are the way they are. I find their antics hilariously entertaining. I wouldn't have it any other way. So just to clarify - there's a big difference between complaining and making fun of them. I'm making fun of them. Do Reds fans do it more than fans of other teams? Of course we do. Why? Because we just don't like them. They don't like us either. It's all fair.

I also love it that the Reds just go out play the game of baseball. If the ball is slick, they rub it down. If the mound isn't quite right, they adjust and go on. If they have to play an afternoon game, they play it the best they can realizing that the other team has to do it too and its the same for both sides.
    Of course you don't see much complaining...you've been here for 5 minutes.

OH yeah, as for the Reds not complaining...i recall Phillips and Cueto not making the All Star team and there was a lot of complaining going on. From Dusty, from BP and Cueto. I for one thought Cueto should have made the team and possibly been named starter (even though he was scheduled to make the start the next day), he should have been given that honor. But nope, everyone here thought it was some big huge FU from La Russa. When in reality, the Reds fans didn't vote enough for either one....then the players didn't vote for either one. So when the vote fell to La Russa...suddenly it was all his fault.

Don't even get me started on how stupid it was for BP to scurry off to Twitter and cry "racism" before even trying to address the issue behind closed doors.

With La Russa, yes, I see the Cards complaining about stupid stuff as being funny. Look through some of my old posts, I openly admit it. Matheny, completely different ball game. This was just a case of players being asked about something they've been asked about every year. Going all the way back to 2004, the Cards had to play a 2pm start time and guys like Renteria and Reggie Sanders commented on the shadows. Nothing new.
    Last edited by cw0802; 10-08-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    So the question is, why are you here complaining about the Cardinals complaining? Can't you complain about Reds fans complaining about Cardinals boards on your own board?
    Because i've been coming here for a long time and often enjoy the conversation with other teams fans.

Cards Talk is full of a bunch of blind homers.

I am betting we won't hear a peep about those shadows after today's game.

Game started after the shadows made their way across the infield. Still a stupid start time for a playoff game.

Game started after the shadows made their way across the infield. Still a stupid start time for a playoff game.
    And you're posting here during your favorite team's payoff game. Seriously, what are you still doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    And you're posting here during your favorite team's payoff game. Seriously, what are you still doing here?
    Conversing with others talking about playoff baseball. If you want me to stop posting, stop responding. Seriously... why do you keep responding...seriously.... seriously

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFaninAfrica View Post
    I don't see anyone on this forum complaining about the Cardinals.
    Oh I admit I complain about them. I hate that team and 99.9% of their fans with a white hot passion. Comes from having to live around all the arrogant jerks. I was told yet again tonight that "You live in Missouri (not by choice mind you!) You should be a Cardinals fan!" If I had a dime for every time those arrogant donkey's behinds said that, I'd be quite happily retired on that little farm in Ohio with 2 horses and a real donkey's behind in my barn.....
    Last edited by foxfire123; 10-08-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Oh I admit I complain about them. I hate that team and 99.9% of their fans with a white hot passion. Comes from having to live around all the arrogant jerks. I was told yet again tonight that "I live in Missouri (not by choice mind you!) I should be a Cardinals fan!" If I had a dime for every time those arrogant donkey's behinds saidf that, I'd be quite happily retired on that little farm in Ohio with 2 horses and a real donkey's behind in my barn.....
    I have never and will never be that fan. You can be a fan of whomever and I won't belittle you for loving your team. We all poke fun, but I won't judge or trash you.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Throwing McGuire around won't upset me. I knew he was a joke back when he was playing. Sure he did roids...so did Sosa...I can't believe Sosa's corked bat isn't brought up more. But McGuire...big joke. He did eventually fess up, which i guess was good. But still...joke.

Good one...little guy is even wearing red.

Good one...little guy is even wearing red.
    That was intentional.

That was intentional.
    kudos...i laughed.

Turn Off Ads?