Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Re: Not that anyone should be surprised, but the Cardinals are crying again

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Is that 1940757690?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The baseball gods have taken a giant crap on my face.

Baseball sucks right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    The baseball gods have taken a giant crap on my face.

Baseball sucks right about now.
    Think the Baseball Devil is in control...the BB Gods would never allow this....
    Last edited by redsrolen; 10-13-2012 at 01:02 AM.

the Baseball Devil took over when the Reds were up 2-0 and has been wreaking havoc ever since

not gonna pay attention to the remainder of the postseason because all the teams i was rooting for are all eliminated...
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

There is one team I still like, but now I'm afraid to root for them since I swear I'm a flippin' jinx...

I hope the Tigers sweep everybody...but I have a feeling that the Cardinals are going to win it all..again.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I hope the Tigers sweep everybody...but I have a feeling that the Cardinals are going to win it all..again.
    This & this

Some nights....the Cardinals come back to win!

http://youtu.be/Oopo5oPlYas

Quote Originally Posted by cw0802 View Post
    It's a yearly complaint by many players, not just the Cardinals. As stated before, if you weren't playing the Giants, you'd have the midday start time and i'd bet the reporters would asking your team about the shadows and i'd be willing to bet someone would have something to say.
    My FIRST post. I'm a Cards' fan - with great respect for the Reds. You deserved to win the Division two years ago and again this year. And, it won't be the last - with all your top players signed for years to come.

Nevertheless, with all due respect (and understanding that this is a Reds Forum), I'm surprised by some of the trashing of the St. L. Cardinals. Yes, they finished 9 games behind the Reds, and Yes, without the 2nd WC, they wouldn't even be in the Playoffs. But, it's not THEIR fault (Cards') that MLB instituted the 2nd WC - and they won it fair and square - beating Atlanta in Atlanta. Now beating the team with the best W-L record in baseball - and again doing it - in Washington.

I'm not talking with two tongues - you (Reds) won the Division handily, and deserved it. But, don't take the Cards so lightly. They beat you in the season series 8-7, including the last two series. Look at your line-up and the Cards: I don't think most baseball experts would see more than three Reds cracking the Cards' starting line-up. And starting pitching was nearly the same team ERA. Your big edge was the bull-pen. There's no argument there.

Last word. Cards were "lucky" to get in - using the 2nd WC ticket. But, now that they're in, I don't think any team in baseball - including the Reds - would really LIKE to face them. Cards are dangerous, and everyone knows it.

I'll probably get blasted by some/many of you - too bad. Sports is competition - and between rivals, there ought to be some mutual respect. Certainly there is between PLAYERS on the two teams...

Good luck to the Reds next year and the future.

Sad to see once again the same old perennial playoff teams in the championship series and the underdog surprise teams from small markets all got eliminated.
    I've said all winter — they talk about this team winning the division — and my comment is, they won't win it because, at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up. - Marty Brennaman

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-king View Post
    My FIRST post. I'm a Cards' fan - with great respect for the Reds. You deserved to win the Division two years ago and again this year. And, it won't be the last - with all your top players signed for years to come.

Nevertheless, with all due respect (and understanding that this is a Reds Forum), I'm surprised by some of the trashing of the St. L. Cardinals. Yes, they finished 9 games behind the Reds, and Yes, without the 2nd WC, they wouldn't even be in the Playoffs. But, it's not THEIR fault (Cards') that MLB instituted the 2nd WC - and they won it fair and square - beating Atlanta in Atlanta. Now beating the team with the best W-L record in baseball - and again doing it - in Washington.

I'm not talking with two tongues - you (Reds) won the Division handily, and deserved it. But, don't take the Cards so lightly. They beat you in the season series 8-7, including the last two series. Look at your line-up and the Cards: I don't think most baseball experts would see more than three Reds cracking the Cards' starting line-up. And starting pitching was nearly the same team ERA. Your big edge was the bull-pen. There's no argument there.

Last word. Cards were "lucky" to get in - using the 2nd WC ticket. But, now that they're in, I don't think any team in baseball - including the Reds - would really LIKE to face them. Cards are dangerous, and everyone knows it.

I'll probably get blasted by some/many of you - too bad. Sports is competition - and between rivals, there ought to be some mutual respect. Certainly there is between PLAYERS on the two teams...

Good luck to the Reds next year and the future.
    I am in my mid 40s and have been a Reds fan my whole life. The interesting thing is for most of it, I had absolutely no opinion on the Cardinals. Really for most of my life they have been largely irrelevant. They won the WS in 82 but that as it as far a championships go so it was never like they were some dislikable dynasty. They were never in the same division as the Reds growing up. They never had a playoff series with Cardinals and until recently there was nothing between the teams at all.

When Tony LaRussa became the manager of the Cardinals, I started rooting against them. Not because I had any issue with the Cardinals, but because Tony LaRussa is a liar and a cheat. I despised him in Oakland and his whole "I had no idea guys on my team were doing steroids." just reinforced my opinion of him being a dirtbag.

So Tony LaRussa is gone, outside of Chris Carpenter there are not a lot of dislikable guys on the roster and the funny thing is I now despise them. And the reason is this message board.

Reds had a really chippy nasty series with the Pirates this year with guys getting plunked and all kinds of nonsense going on. No Pirate fans hopped on the Reds message board to spout off.

Tight playoff series with the Giants this year, there was only 1 Giant fan who hopped on the board and he was very complimentary and a decent guy.

Two years ago, we played the Phillies, home of the most self absorbed obnoxious fans on the planet and again, 1 guy. In fairness he was dope, but what do you expect from Philly. Point being, 1 guy.

So the Reds are out of the playoffs, they did not have a series with the Cardinals and yet this message board is teaming with Cardinal fans popping off about them winning.

Look the Cardinals are a good team and have played well but they have caught a lot of breaks. Cardinal fans want to focus on the fact they have played well, ignoring they have gotten breaks. Reds fans want to focus on the breaks ignoring they have played well.

It would seem to be a push except for the fact it is a Reds message board, and Reds fans really don't care what Cardinal fans opinions of the Cardinals are.

To folks like Magdal, who are Cardinal fans but have been long time solid citizens on this board I am not referring to you so I apologize up front if you think I am.

Salukifan2

Im not going to lie. I am a cards fan. I like this message board. Cincinnati is one of the great baseball towns and they have good fans and i like the intelligent baseball conversations that can be had. But the reason cards fans are hopping on this is to defend there team. Ive been on this forum for only about a week and almost half of all the threads have some derogutory comment about not just the cardinals but there fans. How the hell does someone living 8 hours from st louis comment on the overall demeanor of st louis fans.

Quote Originally Posted by coach23 View Post
    Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about balls being slick????
    Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about the mound not being right height?
    Did Jason Werth and the Nats complain about a school board malfunction and teams stealing their signs?

I understand alot of teams, and in this instance both the Cardinals and Nats are saying its hard to see with the shadows, BUT the Cardinals have a long history of complaining about anything and everything. This isn't about the game time and the shadows that might occur, its more about the Cardinals whining once again. Hey its what they do best!!!
    Actually, what they do best is win in the postseason. I get the animosity towards the Cardinals but I can't help but think that the outrage at the Cardinals whining is displaced anger for not being in their position. For what it's worth, I was rooting for the Reds against SF and I actually like Brandon Phillips for being the colorful character he is. A Reds vs. Cardinals series would have been much more compelling than Cards/ Giants. The Cards did their part. I think the 2nd wild card one game playoff is stupid, also. But every team knew the landscape going into the season and the Cardinals climbed through that window. It is true that ostensibly the best team doesn't win but the Cardinals thrive under pressure while other teams wilt under the strain. Looking forward to Cardinals and Reds matchups next year.

Quote Originally Posted by shan12stones View Post
    foxfire i live in il near stl and i hate most cards fans to.i hear the same stuff to.plus i'm tired of hearing 12in12 by cards fans.also have had cards fans get in my personal space at games.they get in my face when i'm minding my own damn business.some cards fans are nut cases.i have lived all over the usa and people in the stl metro area are the biggest jerks i have ever meet in my entire life.
    Thank you, e e cummings.

Cards fans insecurities are off the charts hilarious, their team pulls off a big comeback and the first thing they crave is to flock to rival teams message boards.

Amazing how one non-called check swing changed everyone posting plans.

Turn Off Ads?