Turn Off Ads?

Thread: ride that bullpen (if nec.)

ride that bullpen (if nec.)

I'll start off by saying that I have full faith in Homer to get it done on Tuesday. But at the same time, if he doesn't have his best GABP stuff, we're going to have seven pitchers in that bullpen - none of whom have pitched more than once in the past six or seven days.

All Homer has to do is keep us in it for four or five innings. From there on out, Dusty can do his best Sparky impersonation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ride that bullpen (if nec.)

okay, replying to myself here.

I also consider it to our advantage that the 5:30 start will make it tougher on hitters in the early innings. I really believe that all we need is five good innings out of Homer and then turn to the bullpen if and at the first sign of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post
    okay, replying to myself here.

I also consider it to our advantage that the 5:30 start will make it tougher on hitters in the early innings. I really believe that all we need is five good innings out of Homer and then turn to the bullpen if and at the first sign of trouble.
    5 innings would be tremendous. NLCS doesn't start til Sunday night. You can completely reset your rotation and bullpen.

I really feel if Homer gets us 5-6 quality innings... We win.

I don't know if he'll do that in GABP, however.

from redlegnation: Over his last 7 starts, Homer Bailey has a 1.85 ERA with a 0.74 WHIP, .463 opponent OPS, 1.7 BB/9, 8.9 K/9, & 0.7 HR/9. This includes 3 starts at GABP.

Fell for the Reds in 1956 RedsFaninAfrica's Avatar

I like the way you all are thinking. If we sweep tonight, there is plenty of time for arms to rebound before the start of the NLCS. Use the whole pen and then rest until Sunday night.

Yeah with the back end of the pen it is pretty much a 6 inning game and that is all the more Homer needs to go, if he just goes 5 innings Hoover and Lecure can easily come in and shut down the little offense the Giants have.
    Check Out My Blog at roundinthirdandheadedforhome.mlblogs.com

Turn Off Ads?