Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Garcia off postseason roster

Jamie Garcia off postseason roster

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...oulder-injury/

"Cardinals starter Jaime Garcia underwent an MRI on his left shoulder Monday after lasting just two innings in Game 2 and it appears he will be placed on the disabled list."

Joe Strauss ‏@JoeStrauss

Garcia to be removed from postseason roster, replaced before Wednesday's Game 3. Several teammates furious over situation.

This is unfortunate for the Cards and awful timing. I wonder why teammates are so upset?

-Matt

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jamie Garcia off postseason roster

The comments on Twitter are saying they are upset because he didn't tell anyone he was hurting. But I think that is just speculation. That means Garcia is out of the NLCS too. Lynn, I assume, would go into his spot.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Cardinal players are childish.

Garcia easily could have thought it was minor and was trying to tough it out.

How is Carpenter going to explain this to his son?

As a starter, I think Lynn gives them just as good a chance as Garcia does. The problem is it shortens their bullpen.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Cardinal players are childish.

Garcia easily could have thought it was minor and was trying to tough it out.

How is Carpenter going to explain this to his son?
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...c23400d5c.html

Several teammates were incensed to learn that Garcia started such a monumental game if indeed compromised physically. A faction within the organization has remained skeptical about the severity of Garcia's condition despite a June diagnosis that he was suffering from an impingement and strain that required more than two months' rest and rehabilitation.

First baseman Allen Craig, responding to a question unrelated to Garcia, called the game "the closest thing to a must-win we've played this year."

Mozeliak termed the club's ignorance of Garcia's most recent issue as "frustrating."

Asked if his current situation is similar to the one in June that forced him to the disabled list, Garcia said, "It's different. Obviously the last couple weeks I've felt the best I've felt in a long time. It's been really good. I don't know what happened. I don't know when it happened. I'm just hoping it's not as bad as last time."

Wow, throw that teammate right under the bus. I'm most stunned at the GM making a public statement of any kind, esp. one that is clearly derogatory toward the player.

I know they already hate Johnny Cueto, but imagine if he was their pitcher Saturday night. He would have really been roasted.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Ah yes one of the classic baseball double standards. If a jerk like Chris Carpenter hides an injury and tries to pitch through it he's called a "warrior" and gushed over by everyone involved. Jaime Garcia? Not the same treatment I guess.

And I'm far from a Jaime Garcia fan, I just hate double standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Ah yes one of the classic baseball double standards. If a jerk like Chris Carpenter hides an injury and tries to pitch through it he's called a "warrior" and gushed over by everyone involved. Jaime Garcia? Not the same treatment I guess.

I'd take Garcia off their hands, straight up for Leake, assuming Garcia can pass a physical.

Or when Chris Duncan played when injured and was lionized and Scott Rolen was ran out of town when he did the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Might sound crazy, but it hurts them at the plate too. Small samples, but in 2012, Garcia has an OPS of .686. Lance Lynn in a similar number of ABs, OPS of .154.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

I can't see how Craig can refer to the game against Washington "as close to a must win that we've had all season" when they just played Atlanta in a game that was clearly "a must win".

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I can't see how Craig can refer to the game against Washington "as close to a must win that we've had all season" when they just played Atlanta in a game that was clearly "a must win".
    Maybe Garcia could question Craig's toughness for being on the DL so much during the season and in his career?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Exactly.

I hate when athletes pull this crap. You create an environment that penalizes guys for not playing through pain and then you rip a guy when he does it and it turns out he's more injured than he thought. You can't have it both ways.

If you want to rip somebody, rip Matheny and the Cards medical staff.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?