Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leake to start Game 4-According to Bailey

Leake to start Game 4-According to Bailey

I like that.

He'll either be dominant or shelled.

Save Latos for Game 5 if need be. Because god forbid we have to rely on arroyo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Leake to start Game 4-According to Bailey

And lose Cueto for the NLCS. Lovely.

Can you provide a link for the Bailey quote? The Dusty presser just ended a couple of hours ago and, in that, he said they had to talk it over with Latos probable or Leake but unsure about Cueto's condition.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Leake is a good young pitcher with loads of talent. I'm just happy to be a part of the challenge. Baseball is a fun game!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBuck View Post
    It was what had to happen. Cueto wasn't going to be ready for NLCS.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    It was what had to happen. Cueto wasn't going to be ready for NLCS.
    Wasn't going to be ready? With a mild strain?

What is going on in this organization? Joey Votto misses an eternity for what typically requires 10-12 days, and now this???

Keep him off the DL and at least give him a shot to pitch late in the NLCS if the Reds are able to make it.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I agree. I think you have to keep Cueto active in hopes that he can come back. It doesn't appear to be that big of an injury so why throw the towel in on him when you can just take your chances with other options in this series, up 2-1.

Why is everyone so concerned with the NLCS? I do believe that you have to beat San Francisco in order to play in it.

All the doom and gloom over not having Cueto for a series you still may not play in is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Why is everyone so concerned with the NLCS? I do believe that you have to beat San Francisco in order to play in it.

All the doom and gloom over not having Cueto for a series you still may not play in is silly.
    Because there are ways to have your cake and eat it too as it currently stands. If you just DL Cueto, you lose that option.

Because there are ways to have your cake and eat it too as it currently stands. If you just DL Cueto, you lose that option.
    your focusing to much on cueto.

it could be someone else...

And the point is if you don't DL Cueto and go with Latos on short rest and then Arroyo you may lose the option of playing in the LCS. Focus on the task at hand because it is still a significant challenge.

I guess I have more confidence than you Who Dey in regards to Latos and Arroyo and/or the bullpen being able to win one of these 2 games.

EMAW

The Cards are just the luckiest dudes around. Play Washington- No Strasburg, play Cincy- No Cueto....

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    The Cards are just the luckiest dudes around. Play Washington- No Strasburg, play Cincy- No Cueto....

All the pitchers are good. In case I don't see you, It's been a nice series guys.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    They've always been lucky.

Turn Off Ads?