Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Giants Tuesday 10/9 NLDS Game 3

Holy crap Coco Crisp

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Giants Tuesday 10/9 NLDS Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by redsrolen View Post
    this team was a pathetic mess before scotty came & without him they would still be losers>>>>and no way frazier makes that play....good night>>>if brandon doesn"t screw that play>>>we would have been celebrating
    Sure the 400 million the owner has spent on players had nothing to do with it

Rolen is the only reason this team can win

Heck just look at his numbers over the last two season

.244 AVG
    57 Runs
    13 HR
    75 RBI

OVER TWO SEASONS

Yep he has been nothing but golden

Thanks, goreds. I have it on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post

.244 AVG
    57 Runs
    13 HR
    75 RBI

OVER TWO SEASONS

Call it a night.

Okay, so positives - it was only 2-1 and Bailey performed very well. That's something to hang on to, and can be used for the next game, or the one after if it must be.

Has any body brought up the possibility of walking Arias (after the passed ball) to get romo out of game. Also Giants only had one pinch hitter left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Veterans FTW! I mean, it's not like Frazier would be a better all-around option than Rolen, right?
    Don't agree. Can debate the relative merits on defense. But Frazier is the way better bet from the plate. And he has yet to peak as a fielder.

I'm a fan of Scott Rolen. He's done a lot for the Reds. I wouldn't knock him. But I do question Dusty's tenacity at keeping him in the lineup.

How did they accomplish all they did when JoVo was out? Frazier was a huge part of that. He deserves the opportunity. And, good folks will disagree but, in my humble opinion (and more importantly), we're at the point now where Frazier gives us the better chance to win.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Don't agree. Can debate the relative merits on defense. But Frazier is the way better bet from the plate. And he has yet to peak as a fielder.

I'm a fan of Scott Rolen. He's done a lot for the Reds. I wouldn't knock him. But I do question Dusty's tenacity at keeping him in the lineup.

How did they accomplish all they did when JoVo was out? Frazier was a huge part of that. He deserves the opportunity. And, good folks will disagree but, in my humble opinion (and more importantly), we're at the point now where Frazier gives us the better chance to win.
    Your sarcasm detector must be turned off.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Your sarcasm detector must be turned off.
    Yeah--that's what happens when I have steam coming out of my ears. Thanks for the reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post

.244 AVG
    57 Runs
    13 HR
    75 RBI

OVER TWO SEASONS

Haha this

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

After all the fuss we made about the playoff setup, returning home to Great American Bandbox may have been the worst thing to happen. Not that the ball was jumping out of there, but the entire lineup COMPLETELY changed the approach that was so successful in San Francisco. Didn't hit a line drive all night. I lost track after about 8 or 9 can o' corns.

What a wasted opportunity. I don't think I've ever seen the Reds get beat on less than what the Giants mustered tonight.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I have to go drown some serious sorrows. See you all tomorrow--hopefully--assuming Game 4 isn't at 1pm ET or overlapping stupidly with Cards at Nats.

We will win this series. Of that, I'm 100% certain.

I coach basketball & often times we tell our players not to blame a mistake at the end of a game as the sole reason for the loss. Mistakes made earlier in the game have just as much impact on outcome, like Phillips risky play to try & get to 3rd.

Rolen has done a lot behind the scenes to help this club get back to championship baseball. Statistics aren't everything & his presence in the clubhouse & his effect on Votto, Bruce, & othere can't go unnoticed. Not to knock Jr or Dunn but until Rolen got here this team didn't come to the ballpark expecting to win everyday. Now they do.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    Has any body brought up the possibility of walking Arias (after the passed ball) to get romo out of game. Also Giants only had one pinch hitter left.
    Solid point sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Solid point sir.
    Thanks, that was going through my mind. Not trying to second guess but Didn't look like they were comfortable against Romo

Turn Off Ads?