A writer from Fangraphs is rating the top prospects that he has seen in person. As they come out I will post any Reds' prospects that he has seen and his review of them. He is listing 12 at each position.

Catchers - None

First Basemen -

5. Neftali Soto, Cincinnati Reds
At 23, Neftali Soto has accomplished enough to suggest he’ll be a big leaguer in some capacity. And while it will never be starting first baseman of the Cincinnati Reds for as long as Joey Votto is healthy, the near guarantee of major league service time holds a significant amount of weight considering the remainder of this list includes only two players with time above Single-A baseball (Poythress, Terdoslavich). In 2012, his .245/.313/.400 triple slash line was underwhelming, but his walk and strikeout rates were actually better than his breakout 2011. A bounceback 2013 may be in order.

Second Basemen -

4. Henry Rodriguez, Cincinnati Reds
Color me enamored with Rodriguez’ hit tool — the best on this list. He’s undersized and may not provide much in terms of power production, but I saw few better pure hitters in 2012. My only real concern about his offensive game is a walk rate which may leave the 22-year old too batting average dependent. If I were an opposing general manager, I’d be inquiring with Brandon Phillips entrenched in Cincinnati.